mdelecq
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I'm applying to Westminster for 16+ 2020. Starting this thread in hopes that others applying as well will join, desperate for help. I'm applying (most likely) for biology, chem, maths and further maths. No one has gotten in from my school so whoopdie hoo
DiviFilius14
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey! I'm applying too!

What other schools are you looking at, if you are?
mdelecq
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by DiviFilius14)
Hey! I'm applying too!

What other schools are you looking at, if you are?
at the moment just Westminster, Wycombe abbey, Cardiff sixth Form, and maybe Magdalen. You?
DiviFilius14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by mdelecq)
at the moment just Westminster, Wycombe abbey, Cardiff sixth Form, and maybe Magdalen. You?
Ah ok. So far just Westminster and KCS Wimbledon. I'm taking Maths and Further Maths but I'm honestly pretty undecided about my other subjects. Hopefully I'll see by the end of the year.
anamazingperson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm applying to Westminster for 16+ 2020. Starting this thread in hopes that others applying as well will join, desperate for help. I'm applying (most likely) for biology, chem, maths and further maths. No one has gotten in from my school so whoopdie hoo
OMG!!!!!!!!! SAME i'm applying to Westminster for 16+ 2020 with exactly the same subject choices as you.I just realised i could hav pm'ed you this. WLD really appreciate if any1 could give advice on what exactly we should prepare(e.g if there are any similar past papers online or any helpful resources/notes)
Last edited by anamazingperson; 9 months ago
DiviFilius14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by anamazingperson)
OMG!!!!!!!!! SAME i'm applying to Westminster for 16+ 2020 with exactly the same subject choices as you.I just realised i could hav pm'ed you this. WLD really appreciate if any1 could give advice on what exactly we should prepare(e.g if there are any similar past papers online or any helpful resources/notes)
There are no past papers online, but the Sixth Form Courses 2019 Prospectus on the website gives details on the contents of each entrance exam. I've heard small details about the exams (e.g. Chemistry apparently requires knowledge of formulae or that Maths is based on UKMT (problem-solving) styles) but I'm waiting for the Open Day before I begin preparation.
anamazingperson
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
There are no past papers online, but the Sixth Form Courses 2019 Prospectus on the website gives details on the contents of each entrance exam. I've heard small details about the exams (e.g. Chemistry apparently requires knowledge of formulae or that Maths is based on UKMT (problem-solving) styles) but I'm waiting for the Open Day before I begin preparation.
Thankx,i might also wait till the open day
kissa_kig
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi! I'm considering applying too for Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Further Maths or Physics (I want to study medicine at uni.) .
Last edited by kissa_kig; 9 months ago
kissa_kig
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Are you girls or boys? I'm a girl by the way.
anamazingperson
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
guys if someone finds out the date when we can apply for the open day can you plz post it here!!!
kissa_kig
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
guys if someone finds out the date when we can apply for the open day can you plz post it here!!!
Its sometime in April. Which open day are you going to?
anamazingperson
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by kissa_kig)
Its sometime in April. Which open day are you going to?
Wdym like which other schools open days am i going to
DiviFilius14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
https://intranet.westminster.org.uk/...ay/addform.asp

This link says that the Open Day is on Saturday 22nd June 2019 and on Monday 9th September 2019. Booking is available from Monday 1st April.
DiviFilius14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Are you girls or boys? I'm a girl by the way.
I'm a boy. Apparently most of the applicants for Sixth Form are girls (as most of the boys already go there) so the ratio of boys to girls who get places there is fairly small.
kissa_kig
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Wdym like which other schools open days am i going to
I meant that there are two open days one in June and one in September. But also that too.
kissa_kig
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm a boy. Apparently most of the applicants for Sixth Form are girls (as most of the boys already go there) so the ratio of boys to girls who get places there is fairly small.
Oh, I never knew that before.
RRSS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
A little late but my choices are the same too. I will also be applying Westminster, Wycombe Abbey along with St. Paul's Girls School and Concord College. My subject choices are Art History, History, Math and English Literature. I'll be an international applicant.
kissa_kig
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by RRSS)
A little late but my choices are the same too. I will also be applying Westminster, Wycombe Abbey along with St. Paul's Girls School and Concord College. My subject choices are Art History, History, Math and English Literature. I'll be an international applicant
Which country are you applying from ?
RRSS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I am from Pakistan. I'll be applying for 2022 so it's a long way off but most subjects I'd have to prepare aren't offered here so extra classes will be commencing soon in my life.
Which country are you applying from ?
mdelecq
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by RRSS)
A little late but my choices are the same too. I will also be applying Westminster, Wycombe Abbey along with St. Paul's Girls School and Concord College. My subject choices are Art History, History, Math and English Literature. I'll be an international applicant.
Ah wow a humanities students, you're a rare breed here aha. Good luck on your applications, I currently attend Concord College actually so if you need any help, let me know. I'll be honest, we're a very science driven school; however, we do have an impeccable maths and English department. Where are you from?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.21%
Labour (443)
42.56%
Liberal Democrats (202)
19.4%
Green Party (54)
5.19%
Brexit Party (27)
2.59%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)