The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 Computer Science

Hey! So I'm currently doing my first year of BTEC level 3 Computer Science and I'm going to be sitting both of my exams (Unit 1 and Unit 2). I was wondering, if i get a pass on both of my exams and then a distinction in all my assignments will it still be possible to get a distinction overall in the first year? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Dan192
Hey! So I'm currently doing my first year of BTEC level 3 Computer Science and I'm going to be sitting both of my exams (Unit 1 and Unit 2). I was wondering, if i get a pass on both of my exams and then a distinction in all my assignments will it still be possible to get a distinction overall in the first year? Thanks!

For each exam and assignment you do, you get a 'score' based on your marks. The final grade is then decided by your overall score, so the grades are somewhat irellevant... My teacher created a calculator on our website to work out scores for our final grades.

I put in a pass for the two exams and full scores for the assignments and the overall grade was a Merit. To get a distinction overall and have the lowest possible in the exams you need a Merit in one exam and a high pass in the other as well as full marks in the assignments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending