The Student Room Group

LSE Vs UCL Economics

I'm in Y12, and thinking of applying to uni later this year to study Economics. As well as Cambridge, I am interested in both LSE and UCL. Which course is better?

Of course, from a prestige/reputation standpoint I think it is fairly certain that LSE has the upper hand, but I am a little concerned, having seen/heard "horror stories" about incompetent lecturers, low levels of student satisfaction, international students etc. and seeing that the university is only rated TEF Bronze (why?). Furthermore, UCL offers a four-year course with an industry placement which might be beneficial from a careers perspective, and I'm aware that it also has a strong reputation for Economics and in general. The standard offers for both courses is A*AA (A* in Maths).

Any input from current/past LSE/UCL Econ students would be much appreciated.
What A-level subjects are you taking?
Original post by LeapingLucy
What A-level subjects are you taking?

Economics, History, Maths, Further Maths
Original post by eclipseboi
Economics, History, Maths, Further Maths

Ah great - I was just checking you had Further Maths. You're definitely a contender for an offer then.

The offer rate for LSE Economics for people with FM is almost 50%; for people without it's about 5%.
Original post by LeapingLucy
Ah great - I was just checking you had Further Maths. You're definitely a contender for an offer then.

The offer rate for LSE Economics for people with FM is almost 50%; for people without it's about 5%.

Yeah, I found out pretty quickly that I neede to take it if I wanted to apply to any of the "top" Econ courses, I realised how much more helpful it'd be compared to an EPQ or something!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending