Lilysmithxoxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have 2 more options , one of which needs to be history or geography , or both . Or I was thinking about creative imedia but it is an OCR not a GCSE
1) history or geography?
2) do I take creative imedia or not?
honelson1
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
OCR is just the exam board that the course uses, it will be a fully credibly GCSE. In my experience within taking Geography GCSE, it is primarily about poverty, water aid, Malawi, rock formations and natural disasters, so if that sounds good then take it. I wouldn’t recommend it though, I wish I took history as the course seemed much more interesting.
lcrabt21
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hey! OCR is just an exam bored, just like AQA, you still end up with a GCSE at the end of it! It might be doing a bit of research about the Geography and History courses, and make sure you research it around the correct exam board! I take IGCSE history and I enjoy it very much as we are doing modern day history. I especially enjoy the course because there is a coursework area which means I can control my grade to some extent, but that may not be the same depending on which exam board your school chooses! I also take GCSE Fine art (AQA) and I can say that I really enjoy it as art is my main passion. It is a lot of work though so you need to be prepared to put in the work for a good grade! I hope this helps you with your decision a little <3
Lilysmithxoxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by lcrabt21)
Hey! OCR is just an exam bored, just like AQA, you still end up with a GCSE at the end of it! It might be doing a bit of research about the Geography and History courses, and make sure you research it around the correct exam board! I take IGCSE history and I enjoy it very much as we are doing modern day history. I especially enjoy the course because there is a coursework area which means I can control my grade to some extent, but that may not be the same depending on which exam board your school chooses! I also take GCSE Fine art (AQA) and I can say that I really enjoy it as art is my main passion. It is a lot of work though so you need to be prepared to put in the work for a good grade! I hope this helps you with your decision a little <3
Thank you, I’m definitely doing art at GCSE so this is reassuring and very good to know .
lcrabt21
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lilysmithxoxo)
Thank you, I’m definitely doing art at GCSE so this is reassuring and very good to know .
Make the most of it! Art is my favorite subject and the work load is mostly manageable for me in my final year of GCSEs so it shouldn't get too difficult, so just stay on top of it! I also plan on taking it for A level! Just remember it's usually quality over quantity <3
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
history is more essays, but if you can write them you'll be fine. dont know too much bout geog
n media seems pretty pointless unless you wanna go into that career path
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (118)
33.71%
Yes - a trusted person (95)
27.14%
No (93)
26.57%
I'm not sure (44)
12.57%

Watched Threads