The Student Room Group

Help with job prospects with Biomedicine/Biomedical Science degree

Hello all,

I am currently in college and have received offers from Lancaster (their Biomedicine & Biomedical science courses) and York (biomedical science). I have a strong passion in this subject but after doing some research I am not too keen on choosing a degree specifically to be able to work in the NHS.

Before I make my decision on which course to choose I'd appreciate some help in potential job prospects if anyone is in employment following this degree. I am currently thinking about going into pharmaceuticals (if I can) or continuing with academic research at masters then PhD.

Any advice is welcome and thanks in advance!
Original post by halln
Hello all,

I am currently in college and have received offers from Lancaster (their Biomedicine & Biomedical science courses) and York (biomedical science). I have a strong passion in this subject but after doing some research I am not too keen on choosing a degree specifically to be able to work in the NHS.

Before I make my decision on which course to choose I'd appreciate some help in potential job prospects if anyone is in employment following this degree. I am currently thinking about going into pharmaceuticals (if I can) or continuing with academic research at masters then PhD.

Any advice is welcome and thanks in advance!

You don't have to end up in the NHS. But as you have correctly identified you will need further study to go further in this field.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending