The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

BCU Child Nursng

i have an interview in BCU for child nursing, can someone tell me what hppens on the day and hows maths and English test is like.

what kind of questions they ask you??
please please tell
Reply 1
if its for 2019 sept there wont be maths or English tests
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Vips16
i have an interview in BCU for child nursing, can someone tell me what hppens on the day and hows maths and English test is like.

what kind of questions they ask you??
please please tell

Hi!

Here's a quick run through of what you can expect on the day of your interview.

1. You’ll sign in at reception before being taken to the base room for your interview

2. You’ll be shown a presentation for Nursing courses

3. Numeracy and Literacy tests are only part of the Midwifery course interview.

4. Your interview will be with at least one academic or health and social care professional. If service users (Experts by Experience) are also going to be present you will be advised in advance, usually through your email from Admissions.

5. During the interview, explain why you think this is the right career for you.

You will need to answer questions from real service users via an iPad. Service users can often feel vulnerable; this exercise helps to create an authentic, simulated experience. Your answers will be scored to help us assess whether the career is a good fit for you.

In regards to preparing for your interview we would highly recommend you observe the world around you - what stories and events are affecting contemporary health and social care? What opinions are you forming based on these events?

Research and understand the role and responsibilities of being a healthcare professional. Use this as an exercise to reflect on your own character and use this to help shape your interview answers.

Read the NHS constitution and familiarise yourself with the 6cs - Care, compassion, competence, communication, courage and commitment. Make a list of the personal qualities who have that fit into these 6cs and provide examples of where you have demonstrated them in real life scenarios.

We hope that helps you feel a bit more confident about what to expect on your interview day. If you'd like any more info about interview tips or how to book your interview please head to the Nursing section on our website.

The BCU Team :h:
Reply 3
Original post by JADTRI
if its for 2019 sept there wont be maths or English tests

i think no matter when u apply for, you still have to do maths and englsh tests
Reply 4
(Original post by Birmingham City University)Hi!

Here's a quick run through of what you can expect on the day of your interview.

1. You’ll sign in at reception before being taken to the base room for your interview

2. You’ll be shown a presentation for Nursing courses

3. Numeracy and Literacy tests are only part of the Midwifery course interview.

4. Your interview will be with at least one academic or health and social care professional. If service users (Experts by Experience) are also going to be present you will be advised in advance, usually through your email from Admissions.

5. During the interview, explain why you think this is the right career for you.

You will need to answer questions from real service users via an iPad. Service users can often feel vulnerable; this exercise helps to create an authentic, simulated experience. Your answers will be scored to help us assess whether the career is a good fit for you.

In regards to preparing for your interview we would highly recommend you observe the world around you - what stories and events are affecting contemporary health and social care? What opinions are you forming based on these events?

Research and understand the role and responsibilities of being a healthcare professional. Use this as an exercise to reflect on your own character and use this to help shape your interview answers.

Read the NHS constitution and familiarise yourself with the 6cs - Care, compassion, competence, communication, courage and commitment. Make a list of the personal qualities who have that fit into these 6cs and provide examples of where you have demonstrated them in real life scenarios.

We hope that helps you feel a bit more confident about what to expect on your interview day. If you'd like any more info about interview tips or how to book your interview please head to the Nursing section on our website.

The BCU Team :h:

i have seen many people who applied for child nursing but still had to do english and maths tests. can you please just confirm it and let me know
Reply 5
Only the midwifery

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending