Not anti-semitic to oppose Zionism, but it is "Islamphobic" to oppose Jihad?

Watch this thread
Capitalism<3
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How does that make sense? Zionism is pretty bad, however it is a billion times better than Jihad (Palestine)
However my main point is not about Israel and Palestine, but about cultural Jihad in the West.
For example, Tommy Robinson, Geert Wilders and others are "Islamphobic" for opposing terrorism, FGM, child marriage, sharia law courts, rape gangs, the burqa, quran text that supports all of the above (apart from the burqa) and so on. However people like Corbyn or Galloway aren't Anti-semitic for opposing Zionism?
Xanimede
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
It's not islamophobic to oppose jihad, noting that jihad is a very broad term, and I'm using the extreme definition here, e.g. ISIS, suicide bombers, terrorism in general. Jihad can also be a more mild term, where being nice to non-Muslims can be viewed as jihad, studying harder can also be viewed as jihad.

What is islamophobic is conflating jihad with Islam. The latter is a religion that can be interpreted in any way you want, there are LGBT Muslims, there are Muslims who drink alcohol and eat pork, they are equally valid as any other Muslim.

By saying that Islam is inherently barbaric, then you are contributing to its non-intrinsic backwardness. The only way to move from the classical barbaric Islam practiced in the Arab world and Asia is to support and enable Muslims in the west who are taking a stance against cultural oppression and liberating Islam from the monopoly these countries have on it.

Also, note that the Quran does not support FGM, and it does arguably support the burqa, depending on how you interpret it (the key to my argument).
Last edited by Xanimede; 3 years ago
Capitalism<3
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Xanimede)
It's not islamophobic to oppose jihad, noting that jihad is a very broad term, and I'm using the extreme definition here, e.g. ISIS, suicide bombers, terrorism in general. Jihad can also be a more mild term, where being nice to non-Muslims can be viewed as jihad, studying harder can also be viewed as jihad.

What is islamophobic is conflating jihad with Islam. The latter is a religion that can be interpreted in any way you want, there are LGBT Muslims, there are Muslims who drink alcohol and eat pork, they are equally valid as any other Muslim.

By saying that Islam is inherently barbaric, then you are contributing to its non-intrinsic backwardness. The only way to move from the classical barbaric Islam practiced in the Arab world and Asia is to support and enable Muslims in the west who are taking a stance against cultural oppression and liberating Islam from the monopoly these countries have on it.

Also, note that the Quran does not support FGM, and it does arguably support the burqa, depending on how you interpret it (the key to my argument).
Jihad gets all their backwards views from the Quran, ie Islam. To be gay and be a Muslim is an oxymoron. Bin Laden practised the Quran better than Maajid Nawaz. Sorry I should of said most of those things are supported by the Quran.

Yeah nice idea however we did try that, no one mentioned Islam much until the last couple of decades. Yet we still have their backward practises in the Western world.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
What backward practises in the Western world?
Xanimede
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Can you read Arabic? Have you even read the Quran? Did you study Islam? Were you a Muslim?

The answer is probably no to all of the above.

Try to read more about the subject. Reading a few headlines and watching a couple of YouTube videos doesnt make you qualified to discuss this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads