Resitting GCSE Geography -- Worth It? Watch

Vib_A
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey Guys,

So unfortunately I haven't passed in my GCSE Geography (and Environmental Management) subject this recent exam sitting and was awarded a grade D in both subjects. It's been a complete shock to me because I had genuinely revised with my 'head in the game' for both subjects because they happen to be ones that I am genuinely interested about learning topics of. And alas! I was aiming for at least a B but have ended up getting a D.

If my memory isn't failing me, I read some news online not too long ago that basically said that "...chances of students attaining a grade C or higher while resitting for IGCSE/GCSE core subject(s) (English, Maths, Sciences, Geography) have started to become slim...") And the article basically went on to say that there were students who had tried to resit once or twice and failed to obtain a minimum of C or above.
Reading this has naturally disturbed me because I do not want to be in the disadvantage of getting stuck in a possible endless cycle of obtaining a minimum of grade C after doing a resit -- there is a lot of personal time, energy and money involved in the same.

And so I want to ask; is there anyone who has resat for their GCSE Geography and ended up getting a better (or even worse) mark after a single resit? Is it worth the time and money? Or does the chances of getting a minimum of grade C truly lessen with each resit (in this specific subject)?

Any advice or suggestions whatsoever would be highly appreciated.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Vib_A)
Hey Guys,

So unfortunately I haven't passed in my GCSE Geography (and Environmental Management) subject this recent exam sitting and was awarded a grade D in both subjects. It's been a complete shock to me because I had genuinely revised with my 'head in the game' for both subjects because they happen to be ones that I am genuinely interested about learning topics of. And alas! I was aiming for at least a B but have ended up getting a D.

If my memory isn't failing me, I read some news online not too long ago that basically said that "...chances of students attaining a grade C or higher while resitting for IGCSE/GCSE core subject(s) (English, Maths, Sciences, Geography) have started to become slim..." And the article basically went on to say that there were students who had tried to resit once or twice and failed to obtain a minimum of C or above.
Reading this has naturally disturbed me because I do not want to be in the disadvantage of getting stuck in a possible endless cycle of obtaining a minimum of grade C after doing a resit -- there is a lot of personal time, energy and money involved in the same.

And so I want to ask; is there anyone who has resat for their GCSE Geography and ended up getting a better (or even worse) mark after a single resit? Is it worth the time and money? Or does the chances of getting a minimum of grade C truly lessen with each resit (in this specific subject)?

Any advice or suggestions whatsoever would be highly appreciated.
Talk to your teacher and look at why you failed. get your script back.
Unless it means a lot, you want to do it for A level or its relevant then I would just leave it.

If you get your script back you can go through it with teacher and id why you failed. You then have to decide if you can make that right and resit in the next session. make your mind up one way or the other and get on with it. Do more exam practice and read the mark schemes to id where you lost marks. One GCSE except Maths, English or one you needed for A level wont be that important.
Vib_A
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
bump
Vib_A
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (5)
3.65%
No (132)
96.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise