How is living in Studio Flat for a 2nd/3rd Year student

Watch
Tizzytizzie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hiya.. I’ve been at my Uni for nearly 2 years now, although I’m a first Year student (as I am retaking 1-2 units) so next year, I should be going into my 2nd year. I’m thinking of living in a studio for next year.

I’ve lived in halls twice now. I like it.. but I obviously can’t guarantee who I will live with for the next year.

I know some who lived in Studios for their 1st Year - they say it’s lonely & I don’t want to feel that way (granted, again I’ve been here nearly 2 years).

I am someone who definitely likes her own space - that’s the plus of a studio Flat but, it’s not as social. I know that if I live in a studio for 2nd Year I will obviously have to compensate by having friends over/going to socials more ect.. which is fine, but that may still take time away from Uni work (I am already on a demanding course which requires alot of my time, and I’ve been told by multiples It gets even worse).

I just question if isolating myself ‘living wise’ would be an ok thing?

Any 2nd/3rd years have any thoughts on this?
TheJohnM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Studio and buy a hamster and then get a casual bf/gf to come around and watch Netflix with when you’re lonely.

Next
Tizzytizzie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by TheJohnM)
Studio and buy a hamster and then get a casual bf/gf to come around and watch Netflix with when you’re lonely.

Next
Do I get to eat the hamster?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (433)
56.53%
I don't have everything I need (333)
43.47%

Watched Threads