The Student Room Group

Best paying jobs straight out of graduation?

What are the best paying jobs straight out of graduation (from a top uni) in the first few years?

Preferably ones that offer a great challenge and have good exit opportunities but also give you the opportunity to gain transferable skills for an eventual shift into entrepreneurship.

Edit: Doing History, so software engineering and IT is off bounds
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Premiership footballer
Original post by Quady
Premiership footballer

Poor troll
Investment Banking's certainly up there. I heard that Law's pretty good too.
Reply 4
Original post by That'sGreat
Poor troll

MP?
Going back and doing a real degree.
Reply 6
for example?
Reply 7
If anyone is interested in degree apprenticeships, we are solicitor apprentices answering questions on the Official Solicitor Apprenticeships thread!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5762702&p=81468570#post81468570
Original post by HoldThisL

yeah am afraid there is truth in this. h is pretty much blacklisted from commercial and finance related jobs ive applied for
Original post by HoldThisL

(edited 5 years ago)

everything he knows is on my phone that sucks
Computer Science, IB, Law!
Original post by SJW-
yeah am afraid there is truth in this. h is pretty much blacklisted from commercial and finance related jobs ive applied for

Humanities degrees are fine for investment banks as they like diversity. Instead, they care more about what university you go to.
Original post by Infinite Series
Humanities degrees are fine for investment banks as they like diversity. Instead, they care more about what university you go to.

hi Morty
hi Morty

How's it going Deadpool?
People who don't get the Rick&Morty reference will actually think that's my name:biggrin:
Original post by SJW-

Looks like you just weren’t good enough actually. Unlucky
Software related stuff in London.
Looks like you just weren’t good enough actually. Unlucky

i dont have a h degree so wasnt a problem for me. im not having a go its a fact rather than opinion that having a history degree well id pretty much be fuked
Original post by SJW-
i dont have a h degree so wasnt a problem for me. im not having a go its a fact rather than opinion that having a history degree well id pretty much be fuked

I don’t know what planet you’re living on, or maybe you’re just some year 10 trolling, but finance and consulting jobs are very much open to humanities degrees. There is pretty much no difference anymore, it just depends on the uni you go to.
I don’t know what planet you’re living on, or maybe you’re just some year 10 trolling, but finance and consulting jobs are very much open to humanities degrees. There is pretty much no difference anymore, it just depends on the uni you go to.

this was in my experience. i didnt apply for these top of range consulting or ib jobs. but i did apply for about 100 finance/accounting jobs various size companies. pretty much all want a relevant degree 2:1 or above. so if i had a 2:2 in history ya be heading right for job centre in my experinece
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest