The Student Room Group

Conditional- unconditional?

I’ve only been getting conditional offers? Is that still okay compared to not having any unconditional.

I’ve heard that when you’ve accepted all offers, a uni might say if you make us your first choice we will change your conditional to unconditional is that true?

Shall I be worried that I only have conditionals as I’ve seen and heard a lot of people have been getting unconditional.

Has anyone else just got straight conditional offers?
Original post by Keikei123
I’ve only been getting conditional offers? Is that still okay compared to not having any unconditional.

I’ve heard that when you’ve accepted all offers, a uni might say if you make us your first choice we will change your conditional to unconditional is that true?

Shall I be worried that I only have conditionals as I’ve seen and heard a lot of people have been getting unconditional.

If you have not finished your A Levels (or equivalent) you’re supposed to get conditional offers.

I’d be worried if you got all unconditionals as these are nothing but marketing strategies to make you pick a uni that may not be the right one for you. Even if it is the right one for you, it can cause you to slack which can cause problems when it comes to applying to graduate schemes
Original post by Keikei123

It's nothing to worry about, only certain Unis offer unconditionals for certain courses - and it is probably the case that you have applied to Unis that don't offer them. Lots of other people will also have straight conditional offers.

Sometimes unconditionals are more trouble than they're worth anyway as they just confuse people and they end up Firming their fifth choice Uni just because they got offered an unconditional! Just choose your Firm and Insurance in the normal way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending