picking a uni Watch

Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i have to choose between manchester and kcl, which one is better??
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 5102436)
They are different? It depends what for? Have you visited both for the open day? Do you want to live in London?
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
They are different? It depends what for? Have you visited both for the open day? Do you want to live in London?
umm, i applied for business management
malcolmmarecki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have always thought Manchester is the better Uni On a par w Bristol Nottingham Warwick Birmingham Durham etc...
KCL seems to have a very strong international reputation tho (i think thats based more on name/location than anything else) just depends what u want.

Both Unis pros/cons are similar enough that it should be more what u personally want. I think Manchester would be a better student city but then again ive never studied at either.
Rep:
?
(Original post by malcolmmarecki)
I have always thought Manchester is the better Uni On a par w Bristol Nottingham Warwick Birmingham Durham etc...
KCL seems to have a very strong international reputation tho (i think thats based more on name/location than anything else) just depends what u want.

Both Unis pros/cons are similar enough that it should be more what u personally want. I think Manchester would be a better student city but then again ive never studied at either.
where are u currently studying?
kazzykat95
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
KCL is currently ranked 2nd for Business and Management; Manchester is 16th: https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ment%20Studies

However, Manchester is 18th in the league tables and KCL is 26th: https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ables/rankings

Both unis seem to have pretty good nightlife as they're both based in busy cities. You might want to compare the modules available for both courses and see what you're more interested in.
Last edited by kazzykat95; 4 weeks ago
KimNoel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i would see what is different between the teaching of each universities what what do u need to do for each uni.
CollectiveSoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
in addition to what's been said, also consider that Manchester will be very ethnically diverse whereas KCL will be extremely ethnically diverse which may affect the social experience for you positively or not
malcolmmarecki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
where are u currently studying?
mechanical engineering.

If your interested in working abroard after uni, KCL is probably a better choice. KCL probably (slightly) better if u want a job in financial services sector. Manchester probably a more 'normal' uni with less international students. Personally if i was picking id recommend Manchester I think it would be more enjoyable and better if your on a normal student budget. but there are so many factors but tbh both will be fine and open up lots of doors down the road
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.13%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.9%
No, but I want to start (173)
35.89%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.24%
No, I chose not to (139)
28.84%