We are the future.

Watch
YourOpinion
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I propose three questions...

What political party is your choice? Why?

What is your opinion on Brexit?

Is feminism rising? Is it progressive?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by YourOpinion)

The TSR Party. Because we are amazing

Remain. Imagine how prosperous our country would have been if Remain won 2 years ago :cry2:

Yes. Yes.

:flybye:
Zamestaneh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by YourOpinion)

(1) I don't agree with popular democracy - not even as just a Muslim. I believe the public are in the most part too politically, socially and economically uneducated to be trusted with picking who governs the country and to influence national policies. I would have preferred a system where only people who pass certain tests can vote, the media are restricted in how they report political, social and economic coverage, and the leader is socially conservative but economically centre-left.

In any case, that will never become the system in the West, so I would say Labour are the best of a bad bunch.

(2) Brexiteers need a slap. Stay in the EU.

(3) New wave Feminism/SJW complex is on the rise. When the word 'progressive' is used, it really means what you define as 'progress' - if it just means any making social change whether good or bad, then yes it is, but if you mean is it what is good and best for society, then hell no.

A socio-political observation I have made is as follows (and it is extremely worrying and depressing):

- Older generations are more conservative than younger generations

- Older generations (than us) make up the current political line up - MPs are typically in their 40s and 50s and some in their 60s.

-- Our politicians introduce/are caught up in all of these social policies whereby young children are being taught about transgenderism and other LGBT issues, which is completely inappropriate for their age range.

-- Our politicians are considering legalising cannabis.

-- Our politicians are generally very socially liberal.

Given the above, the younger generations (those born in the later 90s, 2000s and 2010s) have grown up in a very very liberal environment and been taught things at a young impressionable age and also had access to social media and technology at an age that those of us born in the mid-90s and before did not experience as much or come across ourselves till we became a little older. So if the more conservative generations than us are producing the chameleon snowflakes we have today, what about when that generation becomes the political demographic in 30 years or so? It will not surprise me if other drugs get legalised, sex in public gets legalised, uncensored nudity on TV will be acceptable before watershed, sex with animals will be legalised, the use of 'male' and 'female' will be in the process of being phased out or replaced with a different identificatiob system, and other things I cannot even fathom yet.

I am deciding whether homeschooling is enough to protect my children or if I need to duck out and move to another more conservative country and live in the countryside.
busymale
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What political party is your choice? Why? Conservatives because the SNP are incompetent and an independent Scotland is a bankrupt Scotland, and a Corbanyst UK is a bankrupt UKWhat is your opinion on Brexit? Go for it - believe!Is feminism rising? Is it progressive? Yes, and it's like cancer - it's spreading quickly.
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
- Don't have one. Don't like labels. Or politics.

- Don't have one.

- Don't know don't care.
YourOpinion
Rep:
?
What kind of Scottish man would vote no to his own country and her independence, vote for the Conservative Party in every election going and have the audacity to have 'faith' in Brexit? Jeeeeeez...
YourOpinion
Rep:
?
The "British" identity is fundamentally a racist idea. It's as close to fascism as ever you will get in a democracy. And by fascism I mean it is invisible and runs in today's society from yours truly, the Conservatives.
Last edited by YourOpinion; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (140)
42.55%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.85%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.21%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.28%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.78%

Watched Threads