Brexit article, will there be riots or even a civil war? Watch

Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Riots? Possible. Civil war? Absolutely not. I have not met a single person that seemed willing to put their life on the line just for the sake of their particular form of brexit.

Sky news has based this article on the opinions of some woman who runs a chip shop. That on its own isn't worth a lot.
ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Riots? Possible. Civil war? Absolutely not. I have not met a single person that seemed willing to put their life on the line just for the sake of their particular form of brexit.

Sky news has based this article on the opinions of some woman who runs a chip shop. That on its own isn't worth a lot.
Oh it is, ask Vinny.
Of course there won't be a civil war, like I've said the main protest will be towards the politicians in the shape of a huge protest vote for either UKIP or some other new Eurosceptic party in the inevitable general election that would follow.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Oh it is, ask Vinny.
Of course there won't be a civil war, like I've said the main protest will be towards the politicians in the shape of a huge protest vote for either UKIP or some other new Eurosceptic party in the inevitable general election that would follow.
With respect, I don't remember specifically adressing you here, and am not sure why you've quoted me to reiterate what you've already said.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
With respect, I don't remember specifically adressing you here, and am not sure why you've quoted me to reiterate what you've already said.
With respect this is a public forum so I wasn't aware I needed to be specifically addressed to reply.
As it happens it was a reference to post #4 of this very thread which shows the kind of knee jerk reaction people can have to these kinds of headlines, the rest I said just because I can, no one else seems to mind repeating themselves on here after all.
Mister Fantastic
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
Remain lose a referendum we limit ourselves to peaceful protest. If leave lose one they threaten thug rule and violence. Just shows the true colours of those who voted to leave.
These scare stories are being put forward by remainers trying to dehumanize any one who voted leave. Maajid Nawaz (chief remainer) on LBC has just read out a recent poll that says only 9% of leavers would be upset if a family member married a remainer. one third of remainers voted to say that they would be upset. Shocking - not.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mister Fantastic)
These scare stories are being put forward by remainers trying to dehumanize any one who voted leave. Maajid Nawaz (chief remainer) on LBC has just read out a recent poll that says only 9% of leavers would be upset if a family member married a remainer. one third of remainers voted to say that they would be upset. Shocking - not.
Sad is the word I would use
Fekky.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I hope theres some riots I need a cheeky few more tracksuits from JD
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Quick update, after a small amount of googling I've discovered you must be correct, I was indeed heavily influenced by James Goldsmith's heavily funded Referendum Party when opposing our entry into the political entity that is now the EU because not only did he campaign vociferously, he also invented a time machine and travelled back to 2 years before his party was formed, my bad
This is just silly, he was an example of the people active in what was then the fringe and nutty obsession of leaving the Common Market and he was actively spreading that (and so were parts of the media) well before he actually formed the party. However, even if it wasn't him who caused you to pick up on this, it wasn't you yourself - we are all prone to outside influences from the media, or people we trust, etc. The divisions over membership of the EU/EC go back a long way and Goldsmith didn't invent them, but the idea that somehow leaving the EU is some kind of authentic working class movement is utter crap. It's also weird to assume that all working class white people share your loathing of immigrants, which you've expressed in other posts in TSR.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
This is just silly, he was an example of the people active in what was then the fringe and nutty obsession of leaving the Common Market and he was actively spreading that (and so were parts of the media) well before he actually formed the party. However, even if it wasn't him who caused you to pick up on this, it wasn't you yourself - we are all prone to outside influences from the media, or people we trust, etc. The divisions over membership of the EU/EC go back a long way and Goldsmith didn't invent them, but the idea that somehow leaving the EU is some kind of authentic working class movement is utter crap. It's also weird to assume that all working class white people share your loathing of immigrants, which you've expressed in other posts in TSR.
My loathing of immigrants? Lol
Evidence please.
Are you really trying to suggest that none of our thoughts are our own?
Last edited by ColinDent; 4 weeks ago
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sure... same as those who predicted a monumental crisis if we attempted to implement the leave dream. You cried project fear at them and dehumanised them as cowardly. Now you pedal the same myth against those who warn against a no deal Brexit. My worry is that you get away crying scaredy cat twice. This is the UK... not a game of bullies playing chicken.
Last edited by Vinny C; 4 weeks ago
Mister Fantastic
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sure... same as those who predicted a monumental crisis if we attempted to implement the leave dream. You cried project fear at them and dehumanised them as cowardly. Now you pedal the same myth against those who warn against a no deal Brexit. My worry is that you get away crying scaredy cat twice. This is the UK... not a game of bullies playing chicken.
Vinny, I was thinking about putting a bet a few people at work as I believe that Brexit will never happen. I held back after watching Question Time from Derby and Channels 4's Brexit Inbetweeners. The remainers in both programs looked visibly shocked that they were in the minority. Jon Snow's face was a picture when most of the 18-20 years olds told him we must honour the vote.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Vinny, I was thinking about putting a bet a few people at work as I believe that Brexit will never happen. I held back after watching Question Time from Derby and Channels 4's Brexit Inbetweeners. The remainers in both programs looked visibly shocked that they were in the minority. Jon Snow's face was a picture when most of the 18-20 years olds told him we must honour the vote.
Been on such shows... the audience is selected. Even now, remainers are silenced by the host but a little less so. Have to go through an immense questionnaire before you are even allowed in. Big brother does more than just watch you... he controls what you hear.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Been on such shows... the audience is selected. Even now, remainers are silenced by the host but a little less so. Have to go through an immense questionnaire before you are even allowed in. Big brother does more than just watch you... he controls what you hear.
Remainers are silenced. Of course they are hun.....
Eelisa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Shouldn't people be up in arms about the environment and universal credit? Why should brexit be so much more important to have a whisper of riots or civil unrest. Just take a look at how plastic is killing everything in the sea, or how 17,000 people died waiting for support from the government.

Brexit is more than likely going to end up with a no deal.....they've known for 2 years it'll be no deal thats why the government used section 32 to give away a contract to a shipping company with no boats......google if you dont believe it.

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/brex...th-no-ferries/
Last edited by Eelisa; 4 weeks ago
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Remainers are silenced. Of course they are hun.....
Sure are... the moment anyone suggests second referendum the host leaps down their throat... well, that's all we have time for. Let's hear from someone else.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sure are... the moment anyone suggests second referendum the host leaps down their throat... well, that's all we have time for.
No, they ask questions about what should be on the ballot paper for it.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
No, they ask questions about what should be on the ballot paper for it.
You guys had fantastic PR and strategy back in 2016. I honestly thought Boris had actually read the Art of War and then I discovered it was Dominic Cummings. The mad, bad genius who had studied for 3 yrs in Russia. I've studied it too... which is how I recognised it. Victory at any cost!
muthalganesan18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
With the bombing in Lononderry we could be getting that civil war already.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by muthalganesan18)
With the bombing in Lononderry we could be getting that civil war already.
Slightly melodramatic.
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You guys had fantastic PR and strategy back in 2016. I honestly thought Boris had actually read the Art of War and then I discovered it was Dominic Cummings. The mad, bad genius who had studied for 3 yrs in Russia. I've studied it too... which is how I recognised it. Victory at any cost!
I suspect both have read it. Its hardly unusual reading or particularly complicated. Plus they will both have read a lot of other military/ leadership related historical books as part of their degrees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.65%
No (161)
40.35%

Watched Threads