The Student Room Group

Confusion about old specs and new 2019 specs

I've already given exams of C12, C34, M1 and S1. Under new specs C12 and C34 are now P1, P2, P3, P4. I want to give further too but the syllabus of further has not changed. But I want to give chemistry and physics under new syllabus. Will giving maths under old syllabus but physics and chemistry under new syllabus create any problem in the future?
Original post by C_Carbon
I've already given exams of C12, C34, M1 and S1. Under new specs C12 and C34 are now P1, P2, P3, P4. I want to give further too but the syllabus of further has not changed. But I want to give chemistry and physics under new syllabus. Will giving maths under old syllabus but physics and chemistry under new syllabus create any problem in the future?

No it shouldn't be an issue, It definitely wouldn't be a problem in the UK though I can't guarantee that there is no country/university/employer in the world that would care.
However I didn't think A2 exams for new specification Physics and Chemistry were available until summer 2020
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
No it shouldn't be an issue, It definitely wouldn't be a problem in the UK though I can't guarantee that there is no country/university/employer in the world that would care.
However I didn't think A2 exams for new specification Physics and Chemistry were available until summer 2020

Thanks for the answer, much needed relief tbh. And yes thats when I plan on finishing it, summer of 2020, I gave general mathematics this session of january 2019.

Quick Reply

Latest