The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Government & Politics 6GP03 3rd/6th/13th June 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Quick question. Does the Liberal Democrat’s count as a major uk party or is the major uk parties only the conservative and Labour Party?
Reply 582
Personally, I would say yes, they are a major party now. The European Parliament elections also suggest its influence has grown significantly too. It is the only remain party after all :')
Original post by anonymousamk
Quick question. Does the Liberal Democrat’s count as a major uk party or is the major uk parties only the conservative and Labour Party?
Original post by apk200
Personally, I would say yes, they are a major party now. The European Parliament elections also suggest its influence has grown significantly too. It is the only remain party after all :')

Ok thanks
For the question : Evaluate the extent to which there is a policy consensus between the major UK parties, I talked about the areas of disagreement between the coalition parties conservative and Lib Dem’s. I said they disagree on rights; conservatives want to replace the HRA with bill of rights whereas Lib Dem’s want to remain with the HRA. What can be a direct counterargument for this I can’t find one.

Thanks
Reply 585

I think it does count, but If i were you i'd only talk about it in relation to the 2 major ones e.g. 2010 elections when LBs won the popular vote and coalitions with Torys and stuff. Same with UKIP cause you need to talk about them in regards to FPTP and brexit and all that jazz. I'm just gonna talk about the main 2 and use the others as A02, unless the source wants me to talk about it directly. But if it's not a source Q i'll probs just leave it or do A02. Long story short imma use it as A02 unless it tells me to talk about it directly, which rarely happens. Someone correct me if i'm wrong or if you've got a better idea! :smile:
Reply 586
Anyone done this question/has a plan for it! Pls help....

'Analyse and evaluate the criticisms of the major political parties'
Would it be okay if I use examples from 2001 in my essay? Or is that too old?
Reply 588
oh yeah good Question - 1997 too because that's in the revision guide. Especially when speaking about reforms.
Reply 589
I guess it kinda depends on what the example is.
Original post by apk200

‘The Conservative party seem keen to prove that they are the party of Health Care, as we can see in Ian Duncan’s speech in 2001 “we will find ways to achieve Hugh standards in our health system”. Is that acceptable?
(edited 4 years ago)
in reality I wouldn't say they are cause, apart from the recent European and local elections, they have had little influence in UK politics since the coalition BUT the Edexcel Politics Spec considers it as a major party so you probs should as well
I’d say the major disagreements are on brexit, on security, welfare, but they agree on mutual interests such as funding the NHS, keeping trident, cutting the economic deficit and encouraging trade
For the question : Evaluate the extent to which there is a policy consensus between the major UK parties, I talked about the areas of disagreement between the coalition parties conservative and Lib Dem’s. I said they disagree on rights; conservatives want to replace the HRA with bill of rights whereas Lib Dem’s want to remain with the HRA. What can be a direct counterargument for this I can’t find one.

Thanks
Reply 593
whats the predictions for paper 1 on Monday?
Reply 594
Could be absolutely anything with us being first year, rubbish I know :frown:
My advice would just be to learn examples that can be used across a range of topics. I'm finding it so overwhelming to learn it all, the amount of content is ridiculous!
A few pages back someone posted a document of essay plans, just revise them and especially the examples :smile:
Good luck! x
Original post by MNOV
whats the predictions for paper 1 on Monday?
Reply 595
yhh thats calmmm
Original post by apk200

‘The Conservative party seem keen to prove that they are the party of Health Care, as we can see in Ian Duncan’s speech in 2001 “we will find ways to achieve Hugh standards in our health system”. Is that acceptable?

It could be anything sadly, you can’t rely on luck neither

would you be able to make this document printable please :smile:
Reply 598
is anyone else absolutely screwed????
Nah I give up. There’s too much

Quick Reply

Latest