Does University of Birmingham takes time to reply Watch

AzamAli10
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I applied to Uni of Manchester, Sheffield, Durham, Glasgow and Birmingham for accounting and finance on 15th of January. I have received an acknowledgement emails from all four except for Birmingham. (Once, I submitted my ucas app, I changed my uni choices and put Birmingham instead of Newcastle). Is it a matter of concern?
esralled
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I can only speak from experience, but they gave me a conditional offer the day after I applied. Maybe I'm an anomaly, but I vaguely remember hearing that they are one of the quicker unis to reply. There's outliers to everything though.
BenK64
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I got accepted in December if I remember correctly
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
OmnomnOmnigul
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I applied on the 8th of Jan and haven't heard back yet.
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends on the department. With physics they were the first to give me an offer (only took a week) but they never sent an acknowledgement email.
chaosblues
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They were actually the first uni to get back to me after a week and a half. I applied on January 2nd.

I wouldn't worry too much though. It took them over a week to send me the acknowledgement. Plus, they might still be looking through all the applications submitted during the last two weeks, considering that's when most people apply.
lina8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I actually applied to Birmingham on the 14th of October for neuroscience and I didn’t get an acknowledgement email and I’m still waiting for an answer actually
VivicaViolet
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I applied on the 21st of December, got an offer on January 23rd.
Stuart Hood
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Depends on the department. With physics they were the first to give me an offer (only took a week) but they never sent an acknowledgement email.
Was this for the undergraduate course starting in autumn 2019? My son hasn't heard either way yet.
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Stuart Hood)
Was this for the undergraduate course starting in autumn 2019? My son hasn't heard either way yet.
Yes, for 2019 entry. It was for the 4 year course, I applied on the 10th of October.
Abbeylou19
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone had an interview for nursing and heard anything yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads