Transferred Uni, now suspended my studies and seen a course at another uni... help!?! Watch

Hannah004
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So i went straight to uni from sixth form and don't think i was mentally ready to move so far away from home, so transferred to my local university which was my insurance choice within the first month. I carried on my biology course but was still finding that i was really low and not myself, crying every night to the point i was making myself ill and missing weeks of lectures. I don't think this is the right course for me. As i didn't want to carry on i have decided to suspend my studies until September and explore my options and other courses in the meantime.
I have always been academically capable at school so thought i would be able to do an academically course at uni. But i have also always been a creative person ever since i was little and would probably really enjoy a creative degree. However the reason i didn't do this in the first place is job security at the end of the degree. I have recently been looking at a whole range of courses and found a course called Marketing and Advertisement which has really good course content and is something completely different to what i have done before so i feel is something i could really want to learn about as it will combine both my academic and creative side. However this course at my own uni doesn't have the same interesting course content so i would need to move university again, which isn't a problem as its local but i cant afford to make another wrong choice when it comes to university.
Just wondered if anyone could give me any advice or help me out ?
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hannah004)
So i went straight to uni from sixth form and don't think i was mentally ready to move so far away from home, so transferred to my local university which was my insurance choice within the first month. I carried on my biology course but was still finding that i was really low and not myself, crying every night to the point i was making myself ill and missing weeks of lectures. I don't think this is the right course for me. As i didn't want to carry on i have decided to suspend my studies until September and explore my options and other courses in the meantime.
I have always been academically capable at school so thought i would be able to do an academically course at uni. But i have also always been a creative person ever since i was little and would probably really enjoy a creative degree. However the reason i didn't do this in the first place is job security at the end of the degree. I have recently been looking at a whole range of courses and found a course called Marketing and Advertisement which has really good course content and is something completely different to what i have done before so i feel is something i could really want to learn about as it will combine both my academic and creative side. However this course at my own uni doesn't have the same interesting course content so i would need to move university again, which isn't a problem as its local but i cant afford to make another wrong choice when it comes to university.
Just wondered if anyone could give me any advice or help me out ?
I'd advise reading some books recommended for the course. See if it's something that you actually enjoy studying. Watch some related videos too if any are available.

Mental Health wise how are you doing? It's difficult to be accurate in saying that your poor mental health was about specific aspects of your university experience, being either the course specifically or away from home. Are you accessing some professional support for your mental health?

If you do return to higher education I'd highly recommend accessing the Student Services Mental Health support available to you there.

Hope this has been of some use.
MR
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (37)
11.31%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.67%
No, but I want to start (116)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (73)
22.32%
No, I chose not to (89)
27.22%