old or new Watch

xtazyyy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
will i being doing the new or old specification for maths physics and chemistry. Seeing as i am doing both AS and A2 for ial this year
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by xtazyyy)
will i being doing the new or old specification for maths physics and chemistry. Seeing as i am doing both AS and A2 for ial this year
Should be the new spec, but check with your teacher / course. It might vary from place to place. The new one has been running a couple years now so I’d doubt it would be the old one, I’m not sure if papers are even published for the old C1 and C2 maths.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by xtazyyy)
Assuming you mean Pearson/Edexcel New IAL, A2 exams are not available in summer 2019. If you are doing AS and A2 in summer 2019 you must be doing old specification.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...ence-Guide.pdf
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...aths-Guide.pdf
Last edited by gdunne42; 4 weeks ago
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FloralHybrid)
Should be the new spec, but check with your teacher / course. It might vary from place to place. The new one has been running a couple years now so I’d doubt it would be the old one, I’m not sure if papers are even published for the old C1 and C2 maths.
OP mentions doing International A level, the new specifications for Edexcel IAL are not on the same timeline or with the same objectives as UK A level reform. FYI old modular UK spec maths is available for resits-only in summer 2019 for the last time.
Last edited by gdunne42; 4 weeks ago
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gdunne42)
OP mentions doing International A level, the new specifications for IAL are not on the same timeline or with the same objectives as UK A level reform. FYI old modular UK spec maths is available for resits-only in summer 2019 for the last time.
Ahhh, my mistake!

@OP, ignore my advice, doesn’t apply to you 👍🏻
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (146)
58.87%
No (102)
41.13%

Watched Threads