Malaysia bans Israel from competing in Paralympics. Accused of Antisemitism Watch

TheNamesBond.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...aralympics-ban
kazzykat95
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Opposition of Zionism is not necessarily antisemitism. However, the comments that he's made in the past about Jews being "hook-nosed" does seem to indicate prejudice against Jews as a whole, rather than simply opposing the state of Israel.
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's not antisemitism, it's simply a preference.
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also I see you've matched me in rep! This must be a world record
MQE99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
“This is to me, a decision to reflect the government’s firm stance over the Israeli issue,” he said.

Fair enough.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Funny that the prime minister of a country with such a questionable human rights record feels morally comfortable enough to judge Israel. Malaysia is also a country that ran out Jews with state sponsored antisemitism. To add to that he himself has made his dislike of Jews very clear. This stinks of antisemitism being veiled by a political stance
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
Funny that the prime minister of a country with such a questionable human rights record feels morally comfortable enough to judge Israel. Malaysia is also a country that ran out Jews with state sponsored antisemitism. To add to that he himself has made his dislike of Jews very clear. This stinks of antisemitism being veiled by a political stance
Well it’s clear he does hold AntiSemitic views, I don’t understand the reasoning behind trying to cover the act of banning Israel from participating by saying he is against the government when he clearly has a lot of harsh language towards the Jewish people.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
Well it’s clear he does hold AntiSemitic views, I don’t understand the reasoning behind trying to cover the act of banning Israel from participating by saying he is against the government when he clearly has a lot of harsh language towards the Jewish people.
He reminds me of those old people who are casually racist but people don’t care because they’re old, except he’s a prime minister not a little old lady with a trolley on a bus
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
He reminds me of those old people who are casually racist but people don’t care because they’re old, except he’s a prime minister not a little old lady with a trolley on a bus
He’s not someone who bites his tongue to avoid conflict, if you have your racist views, keep them to yourself, it won’t help anyone to hear it, especially the person saying it.

But at least he’s shown himself for what he really is, if his beef is with the Israeli government why is he punishing the many athletes who trained their whole lives for an opportunity to participate in the Olympics.
looloo2134
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The Paralympic/World Cup has always been hold in countries with questionable humans rights records. Malaysia has shoot itself in the foot by banning Israelis Paralympians. I wonder what the human right records are likely for disabled people in Malaysia and how much better life is for disabled people in Israel.
WarTheatre
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Its only anti-semitism if its an attack on the original Israelite people (genetically indistinguishable from Arabs). However most of those running Israel are from Eastern Europe/Russia. Arguable anti Palestinism is the real Anti-Semitism.
MediaLyingMouths
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Other countries do worse than Israel and don't get attacked I wonder why?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by WarTheatre)
Its only anti-semitism if its an attack on the original Israelite people (genetically indistinguishable from Arabs). However most of those running Israel are from Eastern Europe/Russia. Arguable anti Palestinism is the real Anti-Semitism.
What?
Antisemitism is jew hate- as in the blood libel, fundamentalist sects of catholicism/protestantism/orthodoxism based on the crucifixion of christ, nazis, arnold leese & oswald mosley's buf.
None of that involves attacking "the original israelite people".

Antisemite jew haters always target jews- based upon religion, an ancestor's religion of Judaism or an individual communicating their jewish ancestry based upon bloodlines rather than religious practice.
Nothing to do with Russia, Eastern Europe or "Palestinism".
Last edited by londonmyst; 3 weeks ago
WarTheatre
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
What?
Antisemitism is jew hate- as in the blood libel, fundamentalist sects of catholicism/protestantism/orthodoxism based on the crucifixion of christ, nazis, arnold leese & oswald mosley's buf.
None of that involves attacking "the original israelite people".

Antisemite jew haters always target jews- based upon religion, an ancestor's religion of Judaism or an individual communicating their jewish ancestry based upon bloodlines rather than religious practice.
Nothing to do with Russia, Easter Europe or "Palestinism".
Which secret society symbol is that in your avatar? Opus Day, Henry Jackson.....?

Most of these modern day Israelis are neither Jewish by blood or by religion. They are flat out SLAVS
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by WarTheatre)
Which secret society symbol is that in your avatar? Opus Day, Henry Jackson.....?
It's a sarcoma-bone cancer awareness ribbon.
My friend died of bone cancer.
DrMikeHuntHertz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kazzykat95)
Opposition of Zionism is not necessarily antisemitism. However, the comments that he's made in the past about Jews being "hook-nosed" does seem to indicate prejudice against Jews as a whole, rather than simply opposing the state of Israel.
Why does that indicate prejudice?
Kellyhigh235
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
good job id say. That should knock em in the head!
Decahedron
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kellyhigh235)
good job id say. That should knock em in the head!
Why don't you like the paralympians of Israel?
Kellyhigh235
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
Why don't you like the paralympians of Israel?
cause they are zionists. They took another peoples home. I like ultraorthodox jews. No problem with them. Cause they are religious and know that even in religion Israel is a prohibited no no state.
Idg a damn
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As a malaysian I dont know what to say

Sorry as I am not familiar with politics but why is malaysia seemingly always in feud with israel?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.05%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (303)
36.95%
No, I am unable to (203)
24.76%
No, I chose not to (225)
27.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise