HackBack - University CTF Watch

Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
HackBack is an upcoming University Capture the Flag (CTF) event. For those unfamiliar with CTF events, there's a range of challenges often revolving around hacking, programming and other digital skills. The goal is to retrieve a flag (often a string of text) hidden within the challenge. At this time, there are 6 planned categories and challenges are suitable for all skill levels.

HackBack is open to all university students and will be run online. It is scheduled to take place on Saturday 30th March from 10am until 3pm. As it's hosted online, you can compete no matter what university you attend.

Some details are still being finalised but if you want to get involved, head over to TryHackMe for more details. The creator is in contact with additional universities to organise participation, so don't worry if your university isn't on the list yet. Be sure to make your uni aware of the event though, the more people involved the better.
shadowdweller
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This looks awesome! If only I was still a student :moon:
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
This looks awesome! If only I was still a student :moon:
For people that aren't students that want to get involved with this sort of thing, OverTheWire is a good place to start. Bandit in particular is very friendly to newcomers
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
A reminder that HackBack is only 18 days away so there's still plenty of time to sign up. 14 universities are currently involved but I'm sure there's room for more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.48%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.2%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
4.92%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.56%
No (42)
68.85%

Watched Threads