University and mental health Watch

Noodlzzz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Please check out and give feedback on my new article on university and mental health!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/lif...and-university

StormyOcean
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I really love the article! I am a first year psych student with mental health problems. Really like how you talked about all the aspects and just talking about stuff as well
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
(Original post by StormyOcean)
I really love the article! I am a first year psych student with mental health problems. Really like how you talked about all the aspects and just talking about stuff as well
thank you very much! How have you found it learning about and dealing with mental health at the same time? I used to refer to myself as the 'spiderman of psychology' where in the day I was a student and at night a service user
StormyOcean
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
thank you very much! How have you found it learning about and dealing with mental health at the same time? I used to refer to myself as the 'spiderman of psychology' where in the day I was a student and at night a service user
We haven't done too much mental health yet and I have tried to keep quiet. However in some ways I feel I am at an advantage having already been able to study my own brain. I think during second year when I have a whole module on clinical psych it might be quite hard and potentially triggering, I'm not sure, how do you find it?

When I was training to be a paramedic we spent time doing mental health stuff and I think I impressed my lecturer by being able to name pretty much all commonly prescribed antidepressants. Obviously didn't tell him I only knew that because I had been on them all
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
We haven't done too much mental health yet and I have tried to keep quiet. However in some ways I feel I am at an advantage having already been able to study my own brain. I think during second year when I have a whole module on clinical psych it might be quite hard and potentially triggering, I'm not sure, how do you find it?

When I was training to be a paramedic we spent time doing mental health stuff and I think I impressed my lecturer by being able to name pretty much all commonly prescribed antidepressants. Obviously didn't tell him I only knew that because I had been on them all
I find it strange, and still do! (doing a PhD in mental health now).
StormyOcean
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I find it strange, and still do! (doing a PhD in mental health now).
Ah that is so cool! What is your research looking into? And have you ever found that lectures etc have severely negatively affected you due to the fact you do suffer from mental health problems?
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Ah that is so cool! What is your research looking into? And have you ever found that lectures etc have severely negatively affected you due to the fact you do suffer from mental health problems?
Don't want to go into specifics about my degree! Hmm not really. At first they did but 6 years in to education I got used to it!
StormyOcean
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Don't want to go into specifics about my degree! Hmm not really. At first they did but 6 years in to education I got used to it!
Thats fine I understand. Lots of luck with the PHD though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • Middlesex University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.48%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.19%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.57%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (130)
14.56%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.52%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.68%

Watched Threads