Got horrible grades first semester. Watch

sunsetsaturday
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, my grades and attendance are terrible. I'm getting around 40-50 % on most of the assignments, my attendance is 40%. I don't know what to do, I want to quit University but like the course. I leave every assignment late, and for the group assignments I didn't bother turning up for the first month. Would it be better to retake the year or try and continue on, I am in second year. I am really ill. Indeed, many of my family members suffer with depression. I have also been diagnosed for tons of learning difficulties I did not know existed like dyspraxia, which many of my cousins also have. I have been trying to get tested for a few things through the GP but they seem to think that I am drug seeking.

If I provided proof for going to the GP and trying out many different SSRIs (none of them work) and also getting diagnosed privately with a ton of different learning difficulties would that help my case for re sitting the year.

Honestly, who cares. I know I'm not lazy, but the world doesn't care about your sob story. I only want to do the best, not leave with a mere pass.

I am stuck, and don't know what to do.
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sunsetsaturday)
Hi, my grades and attendance are terrible. I'm getting around 40-50 % on most of the assignments, my attendance is 40%. I don't know what to do, I want to quit University but like the course. I leave every assignment late, and for the group assignments I didn't bother turning up for the first month. Would it be better to retake the year or try and continue on, I am in second year. I am really ill. Indeed, many of my family members suffer with depression. I have also been diagnosed for tons of learning difficulties I did not know existed like dyspraxia, which many of my cousins also have. I have been trying to get tested for a few things through the GP but they seem to think that I am drug seeking.

If I provided proof for going to the GP and trying out many different SSRIs (none of them work) and also getting diagnosed privately with a ton of different learning difficulties would that help my case for re sitting the year.

Honestly, who cares. I know I'm not lazy, but the world doesn't care about your sob story. I only want to do the best, not leave with a mere pass.

I am stuck, and don't know what to do.
have you applied for dsa and spoken to student support?
sunsetsaturday
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
have you applied for dsa and spoken to student support?
Yes. But my grades for the first semester are around 40-50 which is the problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads