Medicine UCAS Clearing for a Graduate Watch

DanieltheGreat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
As a gradaute am I entitled to clearing for (undergradaute) Medicine if I applied through UCAS?
ltsmith
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
possibly
Admit-One
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Medicine programmes do not typically enter into clearing, they have a different academic cycle.

But if you found one, you’d have to check with the Uni, they’d probably expect you to meet the A Level requirements.
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DanieltheGreat)
As a gradaute am I entitled to clearing for (undergradaute) Medicine if I applied through UCAS?
Read through last year's Medicine Clearing thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5377422

@Admit-One is partially correct because there were a few medical schools entering clearing last year (for undergraduate medicine), up from one in 2017. It is expected that there may well be more in Clearing this year (because of the increase in places).

You will only have to meet the requirements for their GEM course, which may or may not have A-Level requirements.

Read https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf (page 50 onwards), for example Cardiff needs you to have at least BBB at A-Levels, but Imperial doesn't assess your A-Level grades so you could have had CCC but both will need at least 2:1 degree classification.

Remember though GEM is usually much more competitive than undergraduate medicine so you may find that in the end, there will be no places or you will be forced to go into undergraduate medicine 2019 entry (via clearing, if any - it's hard!) or GEM 2020 entry cycle (with everyone else applying normally).
Last edited by ecolier; 4 weeks ago
Admit-One
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ecolier thanks for clarifying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.05%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (303)
36.95%
No, I am unable to (203)
24.76%
No, I chose not to (225)
27.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise