The Student Room Group

which universities are good for data science

I am from India. I would like to apply post graduation in data science for September 2019.

any suggestions ....
Reply 1
ok,

if possible some details instead of searching all the universities.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Not really. Why should someone else do your work for you? This is your future which will cost a lot of money so it's up to you to spend some time researching it. If you cannot do this yourself then maybe postgrad study isn't for you.

Definitely I shall be.
Original post by oha
Definitely I shall be.

Great, good luck! Once you have done that and have specific questions that you are genuinely stuck with feel free to come back.
Original post by oha
I am from India. I would like to apply post graduation in data science for September 2019.

any suggestions ....

University of Edinburgh. The size of the Informatics department is huge, has a wide range of course options available and it is ranked top 20-30 in QS Global Rankings. However if you are interested in a course with more of an emphasis on Statistics rather than Computer Science with some programming, UCL/Imperial College are more suitable and also very high ranked.
Reply 5
Original post by JudaicImposter
University of Edinburgh. The size of the Informatics department is huge, has a wide range of course options available and it is ranked top 20-30 in QS Global Rankings. However if you are interested in a course with more of an emphasis on Statistics rather than Computer Science with some program ftming, UCL/Imperial College are more suitable and also very high ranked.

thank you, I saw the unis ucl and imperial both are in affordable. I will apply for both.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by oha

any suggestions ....

What are the offers you have? Do you want to pursue Master's with placement option?
Am an Indian student and likely to firm up Royal Holloway for my master's in data science from the offers i have. For me the placement option is vital hence overlooking offers from better ranked/reviewed unis like Sheffield, St Andrews, Surrey, etc
Hi
Please could you provide any details regarding timelines when you applied and when you received the offers.
Also if you could mention your academic and professional experience that helped you get these offers or any advice that you could offer would be really helpful to me!

I'm planning to apply this month (Southampton, UCL, Exeter, Swansea, Royal Holloway) for a Data Science Masters and wanted to gather some info on the qualifications that lead to uni offers

Original post by 2ndInnings
What are the offers you have? Do you want to pursue Master's with placement option?
Am an Indian student and likely to firm up Royal Holloway for my master's in data science from the offers i have. For me the placement option is vital hence overlooking offers from better ranked/reviewed unis like Sheffield, St Andrews, Surrey, etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending