springdcy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hello! i was wondering if anyone can help me with some ideas for my geography NEA/coursework i was thinking about doing an investigation that may link to the carbon cycle perhaps about carbon stores there is a woodland/forest we may stop at so i could do my investigation there however i am uncertain on what to measure or investigate that will make my investigation unique, any help is much appreciated
CuriousCat567
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would refrain from carbon stores as it is all theoretical and not actually measuring anything. That’s me though, so it’s up to you. My NEA is on the urban microclimate in my area as that’s what interests me in the spec. Pick something you’re interested in as you will have to do lot of research and spend a lot of time on the topic. Maybe looking at example investigations will help? https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/geog...ment-resources
springdcy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
the 'physical' aspect within contemporary urban environment is something i would say lies within my interest so maybe i can look into what i could investigate in that area but i was wondering how will you be measuring your investigation? if you dont mind me asking

(Original post by CuriousCat567)I would refrain from carbon stores as it is all theoretical and not actually measuring anything. That’s me though, so it’s up to you. My NEA is on the urban microclimate in my area as that’s what interests me in the spec. Pick something you’re interested in as you will have to do lot of research and spend a lot of time on the topic. Maybe looking at example investigations will help? https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/geog...ment-resources
man_lyke_kebab
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
bruhhhhh idk what to do
chloelx01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did mine on lived experience from regeneration, around 4 people did the water cycle in woodland and forest areas and every single one's results turned out to disagree with their hypotheses so I would say be careful about the topic you pick as they struggled to find research and literature, alongside the fact their data was both anomalous and completely disproved everything they'd argued.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.81%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.63%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.97%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.99%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (42)
23.2%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.66%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.73%

Watched Threads