Can I get a job in finance/consulting with a biochemistry degree Watch

Iam.Tomi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m currently on a gap year and have received offers from KCL and Warwick to do Biochemistry this year. I picked the course because some part of me wants to go into working in the pharmaceutical industry, however another part of me wants to go into some sort of finance or management consulting. So my question is do you think it’s possible to get a job in finance/management with a biochemistry degree?
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Iam.Tomi)
I’m currently on a gap year and have received offers from KCL and Warwick to do Biochemistry this year. I picked the course because some part of me wants to go into working in the pharmaceutical industry, however another part of me wants to go into some sort of finance or management consulting. So my question is do you think it’s possible to get a job in finance/management with a biochemistry degree?
Yes.

Plenty of people break into finance with non-finance related degrees.
Krish.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The majority of finance/consultancy firms (at graduate level anyway), are not focused on your university degree. They assume you know nothing when you first join anyway, so you learn from the bottom up like everyone else!

As a graduate in financial services, many people in my intake have not come from a finance background. If anything, having that knowledge in another field could help you if you end up working on, say, any pharma clients - you'll have more knowledge on the type of work they conduct than anyone else.

Good luck with your choice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.24%
I used to but I don't now (13)
2.73%
No, but I want to start (169)
35.5%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.53%
No, I chose not to (138)
28.99%