The Student Room Group

I want to go to Goldsmiths UOL to study Economics

I am in my first year of A-Levels, the subjects I have taken are Maths, Economics, Biology and I am also doing the Extended Project Qualification.

It says on the Goldsmiths website on requirements that I require BBB which is fine, however it says in additional requirements that I require at least a Grade B/6 in GCSE maths, I acheived a Grade 5. Do you reckon I could still get into Goldsmiths seeing as i'm taking A-level maths?
Thanks

https://www.gold.ac.uk/ug/ba-economics/ - This is the course i'm applying for
If you have a lower grade at GCSE they might still consider you if you have higher predictions at A-level than their requirement. (AAB/A*BB). Yu can always contact the university and ask them, however this time of the year might be pretty busy due to UCAS.
Reply 2
Original post by potatina
If you have a lower grade at GCSE they might still consider you if you have higher predictions at A-level than their requirement. (AAB/A*BB). Yu can always contact the university and ask them, however this time of the year might be pretty busy due to UCAS.

Okay thanks, I have been predicted BBC, fingers crossed I can still get in. Do universities sometimes allow lower than the grades required?
Original post by tharunm02
Okay thanks, I have been predicted BBC, fingers crossed I can still get in. Do universities sometimes allow lower than the grades required?

Someone from my school got in with lower grades than needed but I would not base myself on that. You've still got one year so work hard! BBC is good, they will get higher by September so I wouldn't worry about that
Reply 4
Someone from my school got in with lower grades than needed but I would not base myself on that. You've still got one year so work hard! BBC is good, they will get higher by September so I wouldn't worry about that

Hahaha yes I hope so! Do all universities like an EPQ? I’ve been told that the offer could be lowered a grade, if so that’s good but I’m just uncertain about my maths GCSE
Original post by tharunm02
Hahaha yes I hope so! Do all universities like an EPQ? I’ve been told that the offer could be lowered a grade, if so that’s good but I’m just uncertain about my maths GCSE

I’m sure they do, I think most of them except for Oxbridge. An EPQ is always good to talk about in your personal statement 😊 use it to your advantage to show interest in the subject
Reply 6
I’m sure they do, I think most of them except for Oxbridge. An EPQ is always good to talk about in your personal statement 😊 use it to your advantage to show interest in the subject

Thanks a lot for your help😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending