I want to go to Goldsmiths UOL to study Economics

Watch this thread
tharunm02
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am in my first year of A-Levels, the subjects I have taken are Maths, Economics, Biology and I am also doing the Extended Project Qualification.

It says on the Goldsmiths website on requirements that I require BBB which is fine, however it says in additional requirements that I require at least a Grade B/6 in GCSE maths, I acheived a Grade 5. Do you reckon I could still get into Goldsmiths seeing as i'm taking A-level maths?
Thanks

https://www.gold.ac.uk/ug/ba-economics/ - This is the course i'm applying for
potatina
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
If you have a lower grade at GCSE they might still consider you if you have higher predictions at A-level than their requirement. (AAB/A*BB). Yu can always contact the university and ask them, however this time of the year might be pretty busy due to UCAS.
tharunm02
Rep:
(Original post by potatina)
If you have a lower grade at GCSE they might still consider you if you have higher predictions at A-level than their requirement. (AAB/A*BB). Yu can always contact the university and ask them, however this time of the year might be pretty busy due to UCAS.
Okay thanks, I have been predicted BBC, fingers crossed I can still get in. Do universities sometimes allow lower than the grades required?
potatina
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tharunm02)
Okay thanks, I have been predicted BBC, fingers crossed I can still get in. Do universities sometimes allow lower than the grades required?
Someone from my school got in with lower grades than needed but I would not base myself on that. You've still got one year so work hard! BBC is good, they will get higher by September so I wouldn't worry about that
tharunm02
Rep:
Someone from my school got in with lower grades than needed but I would not base myself on that. You've still got one year so work hard! BBC is good, they will get higher by September so I wouldn't worry about that
Hahaha yes I hope so! Do all universities like an EPQ? I’ve been told that the offer could be lowered a grade, if so that’s good but I’m just uncertain about my maths GCSE
potatina
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tharunm02)
Hahaha yes I hope so! Do all universities like an EPQ? I’ve been told that the offer could be lowered a grade, if so that’s good but I’m just uncertain about my maths GCSE
I’m sure they do, I think most of them except for Oxbridge. An EPQ is always good to talk about in your personal statement 😊 use it to your advantage to show interest in the subject
tharunm02
Rep:
I’m sure they do, I think most of them except for Oxbridge. An EPQ is always good to talk about in your personal statement 😊 use it to your advantage to show interest in the subject
Thanks a lot for your help😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads