How are Scrooge’s fears presented in a Christmas carol?

Watch
mildredofthetaco
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Got an exam on Wednesday, it’s a past gcse paper. I’ve been told by friends the question is ‘how are Scrooge’s fears presnyed’ But I’ve got absolutely no idea. So far I’ve got ‘if they would rather die then they’d better do it, and decrease the surplus population’ and “‘spirit’he cried... ‘hear me! I am not the man I was’ idk what he’s scared of in this but it feels relevant
jess3625
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mildredofthetaco)
Got an exam on Wednesday, it’s a past gcse paper. I’ve been told by friends the question is ‘how are Scrooge’s fears presented’ But I’ve got absolutely no idea. So far I’ve got ‘if they would rather die then they’d better do it, and decrease the surplus population’ and “‘spirit’he cried... ‘hear me! I am not the man I was’ idk what he’s scared of in this but it feels relevant
in the 'spirit hear me I'm not the man i was' quote Scrooge fears what his future will be like and is begging for the last spirit to take him home after he realizes what he has done and what his future is like also 'no more show me no more' suggest Scrooge doesn't want to see his the rest of his future and is prepared to change and be a better man to change his future as he fears it. the 'decrease the surplus population' Scrooge has said this at the beginning of the play to the charity workers not realizing what he has said was bad whilst later in the play the whilst visiting the second spirit the second spirit says exactly what Scrooge said to the charity workers at the beginning and Scrooge is mentally scared from what he has said and regrets what he did say and fears that Tiny Tim will die and it will be his fault by wishing that onto the poor. this isn't a good explanation at all but I did this mock in November and wrote this and got a 6 so hope this kinda helped.
mildredofthetaco
Rep:
?
Oh my god thank you so much, I honestly hate the lit tests because of all of the quotes 😂
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Brilliant. Now you've got no real indicator of your true current ability. Oh well, I guess you've only really ruined yourself.
Last edited by Tolgash; 2 years ago
mildredofthetaco
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Brilliant. Now you've got no real indicator of your true current ability. Oh well, I guess you've only really ruined yourself.
All I was asking for was some quotes, nothing shady. I’m in the top set English class and get 7s/8s. I was literally just looking for some quotes because the question confused me.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Got an exam on Wednesday, it’s a past gcse paper. I’ve been told by friends the question is ‘how are Scrooge’s fears presnyed’ But I’ve got absolutely no idea. So far I’ve got ‘if they would rather die then they’d better do it, and decrease the surplus population’ and “‘spirit’he cried... ‘hear me! I am not the man I was’ idk what he’s scared of in this but it feels relevant
Mr Bruff on YouTube is your best friend for GCSE English revision
mildredofthetaco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Lmaoooooo
Anyone who cares would be.
mildredofthetaco
Rep:
?
Why do you care about my grade?
Lmaoooooo
Tolgash
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lmaoooooo
Not about your grade, but about students cheating on mock exams.
mildredofthetaco
Rep:
?
Wasn’t a mock 🤷*♀️
Not about your grade, but about students cheating on mock exams.
Tolgash
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wasn’t a mock 🤷*♀️
Yes, but that is a question that could come up on a mock as it was the question for AQA last year. Anyway, I don't have time for this. Cheaters only cheat themselves and never prosper, and you're probably one of them.
mildredofthetaco
Rep:
?
In fact, I didn’t end up using any of the things that the person up there suggested. And I still managed to get a 7 (one mark off an 8, still really annoyed about that lol), so I am perfectly capable. You may be wondering how I found out the question? Other classes had already done it and so they were talking about it while I was around and I heard the question
Yes, but that is a question that could come up on a mock as it was the question for AQA last year. Anyway, I don't have time for this. Cheaters only cheat themselves and never prosper, and you're probably one of them.
Lala143
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In fact, I didn’t end up using any of the things that the person up there suggested. And I still managed to get a 7 (one mark off an 8, still really annoyed about that lol), so I am perfectly capable. You may be wondering how I found out the question? Other classes had already done it and so they were talking about it while I was around and I heard the question
I thought you said your friends told you
maiaturbill
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the way he projects his fears of the future into the ghosts. for example he is fearful of the fact that he is a horrible person, hence the ghosts
Aims4566
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have this mock on Friday next week and this is so helpful!!!
nang2942
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tolgash)
That's the whole point, is it not? Preparing yourself for the real deal later on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (484)
51.76%
No (451)
48.24%

Watched Threads