Is not eating meat for ethical reasons logical?

Watch this thread
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Considering that your system requires meat for it's many irreplaceable nutrients, there is no substitute food that can replace the nutrients that meat gives you, so is it logical for someones ethics to overrule their bodily requirements?
OBaIMA
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
People are currently living without eating meat and from what I've seen they're perfectly fine.

I'm not aware of any crucial nutrients in meat that cannot be obtained elsewhere?
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by OBaIMA)
People are currently living without eating meat and from what I've seen they're perfectly fine.
How do they seem to you? I think a lot of vegans/vegetarians I've seen are quite angry a lot of the time, this could well be just a characteristic trait but I can't help wonder if there is maybe an unbalance in terms of nutrients they're given, I've also seen many vegans/vegetarians become quite on the edge sometimes, could this be a side effect of not eating meat perhaps?

(Original post by OBaIMA)
I'm not aware of any crucial nutrients in meat that cannot be obtained elsewhere
This is where I quote in TommyDH, he'll be much more informative for your response I'm sure.
Last edited by JustOneMoreThing; 3 years ago
OBaIMA
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I’m not vegan or vegetarian, never would be but I respect those who are whether it is for ethical or taste reason.

Surely by going around saying ridiculous things just makes you look at stupid as the vegans you hate?

People do not need to eat steak to survive. I can get creatine and iron and b vitamins through supplements.

I dislike vegan activists and think the way they protest is disgusting but let’s not lie and pretend like humans can not survive on a vegan diet. They can. 150 years ago they would have probably died but that’s kind of irrelevant with today’s science.

I know vegans who eat fantastically well with varied foods and they’re healthier than I’ll ever be, I also know vegans that live on multipacks of walkers crisps. In the same way I know omnivores that have varied and nutritious diets, as well as knowing omnivores that survive mostly off kebabs and McDonald’s. 🤷🏻*♂️

Also, I do not think being vegan is ethical in any way other than in relation to pollution and I’m not totally convinced about that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (30)
27.27%
Take a gap year (17)
15.45%
Resit my exams (30)
27.27%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.45%
I don't know yet (11)
10%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.55%

Watched Threads