** University of York Accomodations **

Watch
hillskid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey! I got an offer from York to study Business and Management. Just wondering what are the best accommodations in York? I am looking for one that’s relatively close to the business school. I don’t want the cheapest option BUT also not the most expensive (premium) one. I heard Derwent is the worst... ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Congrats on your offer! So Business and Management is located on Heslington East, and so the colleges on this campus will be closest - they are Goodricke, Langwith and Constantine. Goodricke does have standard rooms with shared bathroom so is the cheapest East college, but generally those 3 colleges are the most expensive because of how new East is.

There is a bus that runs frequently between the two campuses so living on West and studying on East is definitely do able if you’re happy to get the bus, which is like a 10 min journey. On West, Derwent, Halifax, James and Vanbrugh are very similar, with varying quality between the blocks. Alcuin is slightly nicer and all en-suite. People say Derwent is the worst but tbh that’s just college banter - it’s got some old blocks, but James and Vanbrugh do too. Overall, the best way to decide is to look online at the different room types and apply to the colleges with the rooms you want
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (254)
34%
No (493)
66%

Watched Threads