Products for Achieving a Lighter and Healthier Skin-tone Watch

Qup
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Young black male I am who wishes to lighten their skin-tone either a couple or several shades lighter for several reasons, one of them being that it has gotten darker over time (somehow), another being that the skin-tone is inconsistent, hence giving me spots that are darker than the rest of my skin in various areas, such as neck, forehead, cheeks, elbow, neecap, etc. and simply because I wish to make my skin appear healthier (obviously I am eating a much healthier diet than previously, and also drinking plenty amounts of water as well as to assist this process and also make my skin smoother (less spots) as well).

Basically, can anyone recommend any products or methods for lightening the skin either a couple or several shades lighter; preferably those that have little to nothing to do with bleaching because there is too much risk with that. Also, can anyone also recommend ideas regarding what I should do to achieve a smoother skin-tone other than what I have previously mentioned I was doing to achieve it?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey there,

I'm a South Asian girl and even though we're naturally brown, our culture has always had this embedded thing where they want girls to be as fair as possible. One of the things my parents made me do as a kid was mix turmeric powder with a little water so it became a sort of paste and leave it on my skin for some time. I have to admit, it irritates a little but it did lighten my skin up a little. You'd have to do it often though, that's the only downside. :/
Qup
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey there,

I'm a South Asian girl and even though we're naturally brown, our culture has always had this embedded thing where they want girls to be as fair as possible. One of the things my parents made me do as a kid was mix turmeric powder with a little water so it became a sort of paste and leave it on my skin for some time. I have to admit, it irritates a little but it did lighten my skin up a little. You'd have to do it often though, that's the only downside. :/
Ah-right, cool. Thanks for the tip.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads