The Student Room Group

New spec A level maths heeellllppppp!!!!!

I’m flopping Maths atm
Got an A at the end of yr 12 but an E for the yr 13 Jan mocks, and I need at least an A for my chosen course (my teacher has said that she hasn’t seen anybody who flopped their January Mocks do well in their actual exam - and this has knocked my confidence)
As there are limited resources for the new spec I was just wondering how the current yr 13 are studying? I find the old spec questions so much more straightforward so I was wondering what other useful resources are out there?
Reply 1
I just go through the questions in the Edexcel textbook. Perseverance is important when you're stuck on a question. The solution is always there somewhere.
I haven't done any past papers yet but I'll probably do a bunch of International A-level papers in Easter.
Original post by Sinnoh
I just go through the questions in the Edexcel textbook. Perseverance is important when you're stuck on a question. The solution is always there somewhere.
I haven't done any past papers yet but I'll probably do a bunch of International A-level papers in Easter.

Do you think it's possible to go from an E to an A in the space of less than four months?
And how are you revising for maths atm?
Reply 3
Original post by Studio ghibli
Do you think it's possible to go from an E to an A in the space of less than four months?
And how are you revising for maths atm?

I literally just go through questions in the textbook topic by topic until I understand.
As for going from E to A, I don't know, just work hard, re-learn old topics, persevere and see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest