I got a 9 in my English Lit Mock AMA Watch

Purplemonkeys
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I do English lit GCSE a year early and I did the mock last week. Got the results today and I got a 9! With 87 out of 98 I got the best score in my year. If anyone needs advice I'm happy to help x
RazzzBerries
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm proud of you, son.
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
I'm proud of you, son.
I'm female? But good reference
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Purplemonkeys)
I'm female? But good reference
Dang :rofl:

Congratulations though. What did you do when you got the result? Any celebration plans?
omre
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was 3 marks away from a 9 in my English lit mock🥺
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bluepanda1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I do English lit GCSE a year early and I did the mock last week. Got the results today and I got a 9! With 87 out of 98 I got the best score in my year. If anyone needs advice I'm happy to help x
Wow congrats! Did you sit the anthology poems part or just paper 1? I like paper 1 and our mock was paper 1 but I need to advice on the best way to revise the poems etc
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Dang :rofl:

Congratulations though. What did you do when you got the result? Any celebration plans?
nothing major but my family are pleased, listening to music. Might ask to go somewhere tomorrow but idk x
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
nothing major but my family are pleased, listening to music. Might ask to go somewhere tomorrow but idk x
Awww yay x
ManLikeMahdi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any tips you could give?
UrWelcome
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RafsanRahman)
Any tips you could give?
use every ytuber out there, learn the quotes, see example answers, familiarise yourself with the text/structure, don't stress when an unknown question comes up, be synoptic in your own way, include dem historical context, know how the poems work comparatively and you'll be fine ^^
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
Didn't do unseen poetry or Christmas carol but will in March. Did Romeo and Juliet, LOTF and power and conflict poetry.

(Original post by Bluepanda1234)
Wow congrats! Did you sit the anthology poems part or just paper 1? I like paper 1 and our mock was paper 1 but I need to advice on the best way to revise the poems etc
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by RafsanRahman)
Any tips you could give?
Sure! Revise context, go over the content little but often. Make flashcards with quotes, practice exam questions. Ask teachers if you require any help. Use Mr Bruff for most of your work, and spitting ink helps for poetry. Watch videos, make drawings-don't just limit it to rereading things. Do tests with friends. Make quizzes. Have a bit of fun with memorizing things; whether that's using music or otherwise. It helps. Find what works best for you personally. Good luck X
ManLikeMahdi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sure! Revise context, go over the content little but often. Make flashcards with quotes, practice exam questions. Ask teachers if you require any help. Use Mr Bruff for most of your work, and spitting ink helps for poetry. Watch videos, make drawings-don't just limit it to rereading things. Do tests with friends. Make quizzes. Have a bit of fun with memorizing things; whether that's using music or otherwise. It helps. Find what works best for you personally. Good luck X
Thanks!
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what did you get for maths
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bluepanda1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Didn't do unseen poetry or Christmas carol but will in March. Did Romeo and Juliet, LOTF and power and conflict poetry.
Oh I am also doing the power and conflict poetry set and my mock is in March. Do you have any tips on how you revised all the poems and how you managed to remember them all and were able to compare them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.29%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.06%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
4.84%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.45%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads