I think i inhaled a tiny piece sharp metal Watch

username4443442
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I think i inhaled a tiny sharp metal into my lungs and its making me anxious i dont feel anything but i am still scared if it will be in my body forever.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by stormy38192)
I think i inhaled a tiny sharp metal into my lungs and its making me anxious i dont feel anything but i am still scared if it will be in my body forever.
More details
TheNamesBond.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How big
koruu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That is concerning. Could you give more detail so we can help you?
deepXflange
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
how?
koruu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What exactly was it? Are you in pain? Do you know it's in your lungs and that you didn't swallow it?
username4443442
Rep:
?
Well what happened was that i had the tiny sharp metal piece in my mouth for whatever stupid reason, and i inhaled which caused it to suck down towards my airway i managed to save one because it luckily sticked somewhere at the entrance of the esophagus but i still think that there was another piece and it managed to go down into the lungs i have no pain at all it happened last month and i am still concerned and anxious i googled alot seeing that a guy inhaled like a toy or something and had it for like decades and i wouldn't apperciate that there was a piece in my lung being stuck there forever that would be freaky.
Last edited by username4443442; 4 weeks ago
koruu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It happened last month and you haven't had any pain?
I think that at this point, it would be safe to assume you haven't had any lasting damage.
If it bothers you that much though, organise an appointment with your GP as soon as you can. They can refer you to people that can help if they think it is necessary.
GracieVonderWal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well what happened was that i had the tiny sharp metal piece in my mouth for whatever stupid reason and i inhaled which caused it to suck down towards my airway i managed to save one because it luckily sticked somewhere at the entrance of the esophagus but i still think that there was another piece and it managed to go down into the lungs i have no pain at all it happened last month and i am still concerned and anxious i googled alot seeing that a guy inhaled like a toy or something and had it for like decades and i wouldnt apperciate that there was a piece in my lung being stuck there forever that would be freaky.
just try to stay away from magnets from now on
username4443442
Rep:
?
I just need to know that if i dont feel a thing then i guess i didn't inhale it?
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I just need to know that if i dont feel a thing then i guess i didn't inhale it?
We can't tell you if you inhaled it or not. See a doctor.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This happened a month ago yet you still haven't gone to get your thorax x-rayed but instead ask tsr?...
koruu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There's no way for us to know by a post. Go to your doctor.
username4443442
Rep:
?
Well i did go to see to a doctor and she said that i would felt symptoms from it but for some reason i am still concerned
koruu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Go again, tell her that. If you insist, you might get a referral. But if she says that you would experience sympotms, and you aren't, it would make sense that you didn't inhale it. Trust your doctor, she's a trained medical proffesional and can offer better advice than the people here can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.29%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.06%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
4.84%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.45%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads