Driving test Watch

Guesty467
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Does anyone know what type of tests you need to do in order to start driving. I know theres a practical and a theory test but I dont know what you have to do in them, I'm new to this kind of stuff.
oxyies
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You must do your theory test before you can even book your practical, you can start learning to drive a car before you do your theory test, its up to you.

Theory Test: costs £28 50 multiple choice questions you have up to 57 minutes to complete.
Questions are recycled and based on the highway code. You also have a 14 minute hazard perception task, this gives you 14 minute long videos of a car travelling and you must click within 5 seconds of spotting a hazard. There are many sites online if you google UK Theory test
https://toptests.co.uk/ I used this website everyday up to my theory test,
you must get 43/50 questions in multiple choice, and 44/75 on the hazard perception. With some practise online and youtube videos it not that hard, most of it is common sense, such as first aid skills, and roundabout rules, and some of it is road rules you'll have to learn, but are important to know when driving, eg signs on the road.
The pracitcal test costs £60 and is 40-45 minutes long, I havent done mine yet so i can't give you a lot of info, but they direct you, and you have 20 minutes of independant driving using a sat-nav or road signs. You must drive safetly, your instructor will teach you everything you need to know. The practical test also has you to do one manoeuvre such as a hill start, parking fowards into a bay/reversing or parallel park.
Last edited by oxyies; 4 weeks ago
Guesty467
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much, this very helpfull.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.04%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (303)
36.91%
No, I am unable to (203)
24.73%
No, I chose not to (226)
27.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise