Obsessed with routine...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I think I may also be mildly autistic as well as having social anxiety as I’m obsessed with routine. I agreed to go on a trip with my friends tomorrow and I will be staying the night in another city and going clubbing but it’s honestly giving me a panic attack. For starters I hate clubbing and can’t stand that they only find enjoyment when getting drunk. But also the main thing for me is on weekends I have a routine of what I like to do Saturday nights at home and Sunday morning but when it’s broken i start to go into a mini meltdown. It’s weird I feel as though my weekend is being stolen from me in a weird way.

Is this really weird that’s I’m freaking out whenever I do somethingthat disrupts my routine, I’m desperate to get out of going but know I absolutely can’t and that seems to significantly increase my anxiety.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
sorry to be this person but i am autistic and autism isn't just having routines. anxiety can usually make you have a routine because it's comfortable for you.
get tested anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads