Pros and Cons of Computer Science? Watch

MonkeyBananaPie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm about to pick my GCSEs and I'm torn between triple science or computer science. Could you give me some pros and cons of computer science? Cheers!
sjbelkin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I do computer science and it was possibly the worst decision i ever made. Personally the teaching at my school isn’t great and as i’m not particularly passionate about the subject i don’t look forward to the lessons or enjoy revision. The coding aspect for OCR is almost non-existent so that part of it isnt very appealing and as a subject it’s not intuitive so it takes some time to understand.

However!
- Your teachers may be better (u could check past gcse results / ask people in the year above)
- if you have a passion for it, you’ll probably have fun doing it
- most of the topics (at least for OCR) are pretty easy once u get the hang of them

I think the hardest thing for me was picking up a subject i had never done before so you really have to start from scratch whereas with triple science you’ve probably been doing it since y7 so you kind of know what it’ll be like and u know the basics too

Hope that helped! x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
muthalganesan18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The problem with computer science is that either your job will be automated or outsourced - there's nothing you can do better than someone in India.
sjbelkin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by muthalganesan18)
The problem with computer science is that either your job will be automated or outsourced - there's nothing you can do better than someone in India.
It’s not like a GCSE qualification is going to get you a job, at that level it’s more a question of preference ...
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads