Year 10 and possibly moving schools? Watch

MillieHitch
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So It’s currently the first half term of the spring term and I’m in year 10 and in the process of hopefully switching schools. I’d be moving from a state school to a private school if they accept me.

From anyone else’s experience, do you have any advice/tips to help with a transition at this stage?
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MillieHitch)
So It’s currently the first half term of the spring term and I’m in year 10 and in the process of hopefully switching schools. I’d be moving from a state school to a private school if they accept me.

From anyone else’s experience, do you have any advice/tips to help with a transition at this stage?
If you are moving then find out asap what courses are the same exam biards and match and which ones will be different.

Things like History and English lit could cover different texts or periods.
You will need to work hard to catch up, even using some of the summer.
You should get support from the school.
As its year 10 then as long as you apply yourself it should be fine. Threads like this are normally concerned about making friends.
MillieHitch
Rep:
?
Thankfully, I have friends that go to the school I want to move to so that’s all fine 😂 my only issue is that i don’t want to fall too far behind. I’m willing to put in the work and everything and based on what people say about the school, the teachers are nice and will help you if that happens so idk

(Original post by 999tigger)
If you are moving then find out asap what courses are the same exam biards and match and which ones will be different.

Things like History and English lit could cover different texts or periods.
You will need to work hard to catch up, even using some of the summer.
You should get support from the school.
As its year 10 then as long as you apply yourself it should be fine. Threads like this are normally concerned about making friends.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
Thankfully, I have friends that go to the school I want to move to so that’s all fine 😂 my only issue is that i don’t want to fall too far behind. I’m willing to put in the work and everything and based on what people say about the school, the teachers are nice and will help you if that happens so idk
Then if you know you are moving you can follow my advice above and start preparing fr the switch now.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Will the private school accept you part way through year 10? Private schools are generally more picky about when they take people on.
MillieHitch
Rep:
?
(Original post by jelly1000)
Will the private school accept you part way through year 10? Private schools are generally more picky about when they take people on.
We find that out early next week but at this stage it’s looking very promising so fingers crossed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
8.72%
I used to but I don't now (16)
2.63%
No, but I want to start (222)
36.51%
No, I am unable to (141)
23.19%
No, I chose not to (176)
28.95%