Rejected from a "bad" uni?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I logged into ucas track and so my 5 th choice rejected me. It said the course is either full , im unsuccessful etc . Now i wont name the uni but its not a great uni , I had an interview and my course is competitive but i dont know how to react i laughed but it kind of knocked me down because it was an MMI and i recently had an MMi at my first choice and i think im just not good at MMI's and my first place will probably reject me too. The saddest and funniest part is im an A-A* student and this course barely needs an A and im predicted way above it.

I feel shocked and upset but find this humorous. I dont know how to deal with this because i really dont want to get rejected my top 2 choices. I haven't had rejections before so I dont know how to cope

(by bad i mean near the bottom of the league table)
potatina
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Contact them? Ask them for feedback/why the choice was taken that way.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Chances are most students will face some rejection and I wouldn't dwell too much on it if it was your 5th choice. Each university has their own criteria for making offers. Concentrate on the universities you are most interested in!
username4316350
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
that fuk for that now ur not going to a third rate uni
SomeWelshGuy123
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
If you got rejected from a poor Uni, chances are you yourself aren't as good as you think you are. Cockyness gets you no where in life.
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
why don't you want to say what uni. I won't judge I applied to Wolverhampton
BonsaiColony
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Why did you apply that low then?
Anonymous #1
well i need to fill a space so applied to a near uni and im not cocky , its just that if im rejected from their im getting rejected from the good unis so im screwed thats what im upset about i think
Anonymous #1
(Original post by potatina)
Contact them? Ask them for feedback/why the choice was taken that way.
just tried to
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BonsaiColony)
Why did you apply that low then?
fill a space with a close uni
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
If you got rejected from a poor Uni, chances are you yourself aren't as good as you think you are. Cockyness gets you no where in life.
yea im not as good at interviewing as i was let to believe i was
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Chances are most students will face some rejection and I wouldn't dwell too much on it if it was your 5th choice. Each university has their own criteria for making offers. Concentrate on the universities you are most interested in!
thank you thats good advice
bones-mccoy
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Your grades may be good but you also need a decent personal statement and/or interview technique
asif007
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
fill a space with a close uni
You applied for Medicine as your first choice, right?
f***HR
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
well i need to fill a space so applied to a near uni and im not cocky , its just that if im rejected from their im getting rejected from the good unis so im screwed thats what im upset about i think
Lol if you get rejected from a "bad" uni, it just means you're a pretty bog-standard, below average student compared to the rest

Most "bad" uni's give unconditionals so the fact you got rejected speaks volumes lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (134)
66.34%
No (46)
22.77%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed