The Student Room Group

Maths gcse

Ok I’m gonna try make this as short as possible ..
I’m in year 11 and maths is not my best subject but I do try my best well anyway we done are first set of mocks in June and I got grade 5 (high c) in foundation but because of that the school has put me up to top set and got me too do higher paper instead . So we done are next set of mocks in September and November and I got a u Evan though I revised and awnser all questions. Well I spoke too the teacher about it and told him I fell more conftable doing foundation and he said no ever way I have to higher so now I’m really stressing out because of it what can I do ?
It's your choice on what you want to do. If he doesn't let you tell your parents to complain to the head of year!

Good Luck! 🙂
(edited 5 years ago)
Tell your head teacher and parents about it, he can’t force you to do higher
You should do higher, it's much easier to get a pass in higher than foundation, have you checked out MathsGenie?
Reply 4
It’s up to you, your teacher can’t force you to do one of them. Keep in mind grade boundaries for foundation are higher, and you can only receive a grade five, no higher in foundation maths. But if you feel you won’t pass the higher, then do foundation. Do what you think is best for you.

Quick Reply

Latest