The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HopeIgetIn:)
I also have an offer for ActSci. I applied for Passfield accommodation

congrats on your offer! I really want to study actuarial science at lse in future. I heard they really focus on the personal statement and I really wonder how you relate your subjects in a-levels with actuarial science. Can you share some details of your personal statement? I really want to read whole essay, could you please send it to me if you don’t mind? I would really appreciate on it! Email address : [email protected] Thanks!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by thejfw2000
Course: Actuarial Science
A-Level or equivalent predicted/achieved: A*A*A* predicited (Maths, Further Maths and Physics)
Which halls do you plan to stay: Not a clue yet!

Hi, this is a a student in college currently doing Maths, further maths and physics in A-Levels

Since I really want to study Actuarial Science at LSE, I really wonder how you wrote Personal statement related to those subjects With Actuarial Science.
I was considering about engineering course when I first started A-Levels (and those subjects combination is for most engineering students) and chose those subjects, but I found out that I am a person who actually super interested in statistics-related area in year 13. I decided to pursue my degree in statistics area. But I am not so sure I will gonna relate the science subjects to this field.

I really Hope you do share about your details of your personal statement, I would really appreciate that!

I really want to see your whole statement! Please send me it via e-mail if you really don’t mind!!!!! My email address : [email protected]
Thank you for reading my message!
Hey I’ve applied this year and am really worried about getting an offer or not, could I ask what your GCSEs were? I’m predicted A*AA but my GCSEs arent strong. Thanks
Original post by Ruthus422
Course: Philosophy and Economics
Predicted A level: AAA
Halls: dunno- but I like the look of Urbanest
*(And I'm nervous AF)*

Hey I just wanted to ask what your GCSEs were, I’m applying this year with A*AA and am really worried about not getting an offer since my GCSEs aren’t strong
Original post by Jiji Sand
Hi, this is a a student in college currently doing Maths, further maths and physics in A-Levels

Since I really want to study Actuarial Science at LSE, I really wonder how you wrote Personal statement related to those subjects With Actuarial Science.
I was considering about engineering course when I first started A-Levels (and those subjects combination is for most engineering students) and chose those subjects, but I found out that I am a person who actually super interested in statistics-related area in year 13. I decided to pursue my degree in statistics area. But I am not so sure I will gonna relate the science subjects to this field.

I really Hope you do share about your details of your personal statement, I would really appreciate that!

I really want to see your whole statement! Please send me it via e-mail if you really don’t mind!!!!! My email address : [email protected]
Thank you for reading my message!

Just to say, your Personal Statement shouldn't be about your A-level courses - it's fine not to mention them at all if they're not relevant to Actuarial Science. You just need to talk about the subject you are applying to study at university, and how you have developed your interest in it outside of school. This can be through reading books, learning about mathematical models, work experience, watching documentaries, listening to podcasts etc.
By the way, LSE are not lenient on grades. You're out if you miss them. I got A*AB and needed AAA, as did my friend, and we were both rejected, regardless of the fact that I had multiple extenuating circumstances. They don't care.
Original post by juicyapples
By the way, LSE are not lenient on grades. You're out if you miss them. I got A*AB and needed AAA, as did my friend, and we were both rejected, regardless of the fact that I had multiple extenuating circumstances. They don't care.

If you don’t mind me asking, what were your extenuating circumstances?
Original post by juicyapples

I've heard someone get in on A*AB with extenuating circumstances. I suppose yours weren't good enough?

Latest

Trending

Trending