The Student Room Group

Solution of laplace equation in spherical polar coordinate.....

Help!!!!
I've got a solution from a book.....but it's little bit lengthy.....
Whats the question/solution?
Reply 2
Original post by NotNotBatman
Whats the question/solution?

solution of laplace equation in spherical polar coordinate.....
Original post by meek-boy
solution of laplace equation in spherical polar coordinate.....

Yeah, it is quite long, but I don't get what you're trying to ask; You have the question and solution, so what is it that you need?

You have div grad f = 0. This can be converted into Spherical coordinates and then using the separation of variables technique a solution F(R,ϕ) F(R, \phi) can be found, with a lot of intermediate steps.
Reply 4
Original post by NotNotBatman
Yeah, it is quite long, but I don't get what you're trying to ask; You have the question and solution, so what is it that you need?

You have div grad f = 0. This can be converted into Spherical coordinates and then using the separation of variables technique a solution F(R,ϕ) F(R, \phi) can be found, with a lot of intermediate steps.

to find the solution of this eq.....we need to use separation of varibles......u send me a pic of the page of your book.....i'm looking for easier solution....
Original post by meek-boy
to find the solution of this eq.....we need to use separation of varibles......u send me a pic of the page of your book.....i'm looking for easier solution....

There isn't one, although in radially symmetric cases a lot of terms will disappear.
Reply 6
Original post by DFranklin
There isn't one, although in radially symmetric cases a lot of terms will disappear.

I need symmetric one....kindly send the solution....

Quick Reply

Latest