Chibidragon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey everyone. Hope you are having a wonderful day.
I wanted to know something: Excluding classical and operant conditioning and observational learning, are there any other theories on how behaviour can be learnt?
Chibidragon
Rep:
?
Please help psychology students.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
social learning theory, vicarious reinforcement?
Chibidragon
Rep:
?
Isn't observational learning come under social learning theory as well as vicarious reinforcement?
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
social learning theory, vicarious reinforcement?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chibidragon)
Isn't observational learning come under social learning theory as well as vicarious reinforcement?
Hmm I guess so. I'm not aware of any other theories not mentioned, but behaviourism isn't really my field!
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey everyone. Hope you are having a wonderful day.
I wanted to know something: Excluding classical and operant conditioning and observational learning, are there any other theories on how behaviour can be learnt?
Social identity theory, social categorisation theory.
Chibidragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Hmm I guess so. I'm not aware of any other theories not mentioned, but behaviourism isn't really my field!
ahhh okay no problem.
Chibidragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Social identity theory, social categorisation theory.
but behaviours are not learnt by these theories if you think about it? or do they?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
but behaviours are not learnt by these theories if you think about it? or do they?
It depends. In social identity theory, people identify with their ingroup. Eventually they will adopt the behaviours of the ingroup in order to maintain their group membership. You could link it to learning behaviours in this way. So no it isn't a direct learning theory but behaviours are still learned. Similar with social categorisation theory.
Chibidragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
It depends. In social identity theory, people identify with their ingroup. Eventually they will adopt the behaviours of the ingroup in order to maintain their group membership. You could link it to learning behaviours in this way. So no it isn't a direct learning theory but behaviours are still learned. Similar with social categorisation theory.
hmmm.... makes sense in a way. thank you
Ambersampson
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi, I’m a Health Psychology undergraduate student studying Health Psychology. I am urgently looking for people to complete my survey which is based on binge eating, proactive coping, perceived stress and personality traits.

I would appreciate if anyone would take their time to complete my survey! If anyone has theirs I’ll be more then happy to complete it also!

Thank you! The link is https://bedshealthsciences.eu.qualtr...ource=facebook
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (8)
8.25%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (10)
10.31%
No, but maybe I will look into it (24)
24.74%
No and I wouldn't consider it (55)
56.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed