Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have recently done my Year 11 Mock Exams for French and here are my results
Writing:7
Listening:7
Reading:5
Speaking:6

I need help in boosting my grade for reading and speaking. Any tips? I will be very happy with a 7 or 8 overall in French as it is one of my weaker subjects
rlewa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Find French kids books online and look up all the vocab you don't know (use Word Reference it's so much better than google translate). Tumblr has some very useful links to resources. Learn tenses and grammar because often they can trip you up and make you confused when reading. If you don't know a word, think about what English words it sounds like and what other French words might sound like it. Read the text and the questions carefully and make sure that you definitely answer the question fully. Check answers at the end. Change your phone into French so you have to read it every day. Read wiki articles of your favourite people or places in French.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by rlewa; 3 weeks ago
SilverGriffin455
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thanks for the advice. I'll definately check out these revision resources
Incarcarus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You should print off the list of vocab on your exam board's website and learn vocab everyday, if you learn the whole booklet you can get a high grade at exam time.
You can learn the words through quizlet or something similar or just memorising.

I went from a 4 in the year 10 mock to a 7 in the year 11 mock and hope to get an 8 in the final exam by doing this.
Anthos
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How did you do so well on Listening? I had a Listening mock (also Higher) yesterday and it was damn hard - they speak too fast. Tell me of your ways!
SilverGriffin455
Rep:
?
I have been using quizlet quite regularly. I take the vocab that I dont know at the end of each module in the textbook and create flashcards on quizlet.
SilverGriffin455
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anthos)
How did you do so well on Listening? I had a Listening mock (also Higher) yesterday and it was damn hard - they speak too fast. Tell me of your ways!
I think that it comes down to your mindset when going into the exam
In year 10 I went in and told myself that i didnt care about the grade I got and ended up getting a 2
I went into the year 11 mock and told myself to listen very carefully and concentrate. I ended up getting a 7 with 0 revision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (115)
58.67%
No (81)
41.33%

Watched Threads