Bristol vs Birmingham vs Loughborough Watch

Haniyaayesha
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have received offers from the above to study accounting and finance and I am really confused between these so can anyone let me know more about these unis.I would like to know more about their student life especially for muslims, the employment opportunities and the condition of the accomodation.I am really inclined towards Bristol but my only concern is that it is a small town and I am used to staying in big cities and regarding loughborough I feel it is too athletic.Can anyone help me out?
TechnoWiz123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hi there, I’m also an accounting and finance applicant wanting to find out about this, particularly Bristol and Birmingham. May I mind asking when did you apply and when you received your offers and what were your predicted grades for your subjects? I applied in early December but yet to hear back from Bristol.
Thanks
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
if you're not interested in sports at Loughborough you don't have to do any and you don't feel left out, what's nice is there's lots of opportunity to play at a casual level too if you wanna try things or just keep fit

Loughborough is a very small town though, there's not a lot there at all
Haniyaayesha
Rep:
?
(Original post by doodle_333)
if you're not interested in sports at Loughborough you don't have to do any and you don't feel left out, what's nice is there's lots of opportunity to play at a casual level too if you wanna try things or just keep fit

Loughborough is a very small town though, there's not a lot there at all
Hi! Yeah that’s why I am not really inclined towards loughborough. I think i am particularly waiting for bristol right now because they havent sent out an offer yet.
Haniyaayesha
Rep:
?
(Original post by TechnoWiz123)
hi there, I’m also an accounting and finance applicant wanting to find out about this, particularly Bristol and Birmingham. May I mind asking when did you apply and when you received your offers and what were your predicted grades for your subjects? I applied in early December but yet to hear back from Bristol.
Thanks
Oh wow! I am also waiting for bristol yet I reckon they havent sent out offers yet. I applied on 23 November. I received Birmingham’s offers on 26th November (that was my first offer) and my predicted grades are above 90% as in I study in a different boards, maybe that is A*A*A*A* or AAAA... i dont understand them 🤷*♀️
harrysbar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Haniyaayesha)
I have received offers from the above to study accounting and finance and I am really confused between these so can anyone let me know more about these unis.I would like to know more about their student life especially for muslims, the employment opportunities and the condition of the accomodation.I am really inclined towards Bristol but my only concern is that it is a small town and I am used to staying in big cities and regarding loughborough I feel it is too athletic.Can anyone help me out?
Loughborough is much smaller than Bristol, which isn't a "small town" at all (smaller than Birmingham, admittedly)

I would wait to see if you get an offer from Bristol, as it's the most competitive of your choices. If you do, I would attend an Applicant day there and at Birmingham, and see which you prefer as they have a different "feel" to them. Loughborough sounds less of a good fit for you with it being in a small town and sporty.
Haniyaayesha
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Loughborough is much smaller than Bristol, which isn't a "small town" at all (smaller than Birmingham, admittedly)

I would wait to see if you get an offer from Bristol, as it's the most competitive of your choices. If you do, I would attend an Applicant day there and at Birmingham, and see which you prefer as they have a different "feel" to them. Loughborough sounds less of a good fit for you with it being in a small town and sporty.
Thank you so much for the help! Definitely waiting to hear from Bristol.. I don’t know when they are planning on sending out offers as I havent found anyone who has received offers/rejections for finance yet. I had applied for LSE too but I was rejected by them 💔 so bristol is my main option left now.
harrysbar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Haniyaayesha)
Thank you so much for the help! Definitely waiting to hear from Bristol.. I don’t know when they are planning on sending out offers as I havent found anyone who has received offers/rejections for finance yet. I had applied for LSE too but I was rejected by them 💔 so bristol is my main option left now.
You're welcome! Sorry to hear about LSE but at least you have offers from two great Unis and hope you also get one from Bristol soon.
Haniyaayesha
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
You're welcome! Sorry to hear about LSE but at least you have offers from two great Unis and hope you also get one from Bristol soon.
Thank you so much ❤️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19

Do you give blood?