issielg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Can anyone please give me ideas for strengths and weaknesses of the social learning theory by Albert Bandura I have been going insane trying to find something
Routeri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
a strength is it can explain cultural differences in behaviour
another strength is less deterministic than the behaviourist approach as there is an element of free will
another strength is it showed the importance of cognitive processes when it comes to learning.

a weakness is that the theory is based of studies done only on children (e.g Bobo doll experiment). How things are learnt could potential change as we age due to a more developed schema. Adults have the ability to be more selective with what they model
another weakness is the theory is based on lab studies.

These are just some I can think of
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by issielg)
Can anyone please give me ideas for strengths and weaknesses of the social learning theory by Albert Bandura I have been going insane trying to find something
What's good about it? What good things have happened because the theory was developed? How has the theory helped people?

What's bad about it? What bad things have happened because of it? How has the theory caused issues for people?

What about the research supporting it? Is the research reliable, valid, ethical etc.? Or is the research unethical, inapplicable and not useful?

Is the theory missing any key parts of explanation, or does it explain certain concepts well?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?