Course was full Watch

username4448988
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
A uni i applied to said their course was full, so instead they offered me another course. I’m not really interested in that and don’t know why they offered me a completely different course, but i was wondering, because i still got accepted in the uni, if other people decline their offers for the course I wanted to do, would it be possible if i take their place or...? I don’t know how it works but i really want to study there on that course! Would i email the uni or ask my sixth form?
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by K—2000)
A uni i applied to said their course was full, so instead they offered me another course. I’m not really interested in that and don’t know why they offered me a completely different course, but i was wondering, because i still got accepted in the uni, if other people decline their offers for the course I wanted to do, would it be possible if i take their place or...? I don’t know how it works but i really want to study there on that course! Would i email the uni or ask my sixth form?
you could ask to be considered but universities usually are quite accurate in the amount of offers they give out.
MinaBee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How different is the course that they're offering you? Is it in the same department?
harrysbar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is something Unis sometimes do but you are under no obligation to accept the alternative course and if it doesn't interest you, you should reject it. As explained, the course you applied to is full but they are hoping you will transfer your application to a less popular course.
swanseajack1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When was your application sent to UCAS. If it was prior to the deadline they are breaking UCAS rules as they have to give equal consideration to all applicants. If it was before the deadline the university should be reported to UCAS. If after there is nothing you can do.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
When was your application sent to UCAS. If it was prior to the deadline they are breaking UCAS rules as they have to give equal consideration to all applicants. If it was before the deadline the university should be reported to UCAS. If after there is nothing you can do.
Saying that the course is full could be a nice way of saying that their application wasn't good enough to get an offer for it. The OP could ask for more detailed feedback.
Admit-One
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The Uni will have made many more offers for your original course than they have places anyway, so unless they have a huge number not taking up places, they likely won’t have room for you. But you can always ask.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Assuming that you applied after the deadline - substitute the choice for somewhere else that isn’t closed to late applications.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (35)
11.15%
I used to but I don't now (11)
3.5%
No, but I want to start (113)
35.99%
No, I am unable to (69)
21.97%
No, I chose not to (86)
27.39%