University of Birmingham or University of York

Watch
Odetosophxo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have applied to study maths and I am holding 4 offers however I am debating between York and Birmingham for my firm choice. I like both courses equally so I am unsure where to firm.

Which has the best and most affordable accommodation?
How safe are both cities to live?
Would I have to move out of student accommodation in the second year?
Best employment opportunities?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Odetosophxo)
I have applied to study maths and I am holding 4 offers however I am debating between York and Birmingham for my firm choice. I like both courses equally so I am unsure where to firm.

Which has the best and most affordable accommodation?
How safe are both cities to live?
Would I have to move out of student accommodation in the second year?
Best employment opportunities?
I can't tell you about first year accommodation but the various options will be available on the Uni websites.

In the second year, it is usual for students at both Unis to have to move out of student accomodation into private accomodation unless you have extenuating circumstances such as a disability.

York is a much smaller city than Birmingham (much prettier, by the way) and will be the safer of the two.

Employment opportunites? I would have thought they are similar but you could email the Unis for advice about recent graduate destinations and links with employers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (517)
33.72%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.36%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads