Her response was long... really long.. so here's a summary.
- She wished me success in my business, and that my message was more than unexpected.
- She doesn't think seeing eachother again would be the best thing to do.
- She said that since we hadn't spoken to eachother in years it would be fair to put ourselves back in the situation.
- She thinks we have to continue to live our lives.
- She says if I want to write to her, she will read it and is ready to listen to me; even if she's scared of the result and she doesn't want it to get worse between us.
- She also doesn't understand what I want of her, and if I could elaborate.
She finished off with this:
"In truth, I would really like that we could both had our flaws and that we move on to something else together. But I'm not sure that a discussion would allow us to reach it".
Gut-wrenching stuff. This has been the biggest regret in the last 5 years.